Oceanic VEO 100 Nx help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratjn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have several computers in my family's gear bucket, three Oceanic Veo 100 Nx. two Suuntos (Gekko and a Vyper) and a Mares puck. One of my Oceanics dives far more conservative than the other two. It actually compares almost identical to my Suunto Gekko. I know this as I use one as my primary and the other as a backup, thus it dives the exact profile.

The Suunto is set least conservative and both are set for air which I am diving.

Has anyone experienced this? Is the 'faulty' Oceanic ready to be disposed of?

Thoughts please.

Jim

No different model computers from the same manufacture may have differences in the algorithms used. As an example I run an Oceanic VEO 3 and an Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1. The 2.1 tracks a little more conservative. On several recent trips I have gone into several minutes of DECO on the VEO, which I use as my primary. I went ahead and rose up and paid the time off on the VEO and cleared it but forgot to wait the extra time on the Pro Plus. This put it into violation for the rest of each trip (no I am not willing to take a day off, but it was still good for gauge mode). The point to this if you wish to dive with a backup both computers must be truely matched or you need to follow the most conservative one if you are going to go near their DECO limits.

P.S.,Re-read your original: post if they are all three the same model they should track very close to each other. I would check the manufacturer dates (I think it should show mm/yy on the SN sticker) a big difference in dates could indicate a production change. Try calling Oceanic customer support, they are very nice to deal with over the phone but I have never gotten a response from the online contact form.

Last edited:
I believe that all of the Veo 100's run on DSAT with no conservative or other algothmn options. Working properly they should matchup. I could understand minor differences but not enough to act like a different algothmn altogether.

My Veo 100 nx and Eric's 180 match very well and are no where close to the conservatism of a RGBM based computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom