Oceanic Veo 100NX Fault

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe8mofo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So my wife and I were enjoying 4 dives in Pompano Beach, FL on Friday and we encountered some very bizarre behavior with her VEO 100NX. Before the 4th dive, we switched the gas in her computer to EAN35% and ran plan mode and it showed 1:19 at 50 feet and 46 minutes at 60 feet. No previous dive came close to NDL or oxygen load. So we jumped in and as soon as she hit 5 feet beneath the surface she signaled that something was wrong and pointed to her computer. I looked at her computer and it said "DECO: 3:17 with ceiling of 10 feet." This made absolutely no sense because 10 minutes earlier when we checked log mode we had an ample amount of time at our planned depth, and now it wanted over 3 hours of deco!!!!!! Needless to say we didn't abort the dive because of a computer failure, we dove the dive to the planned max depth/time. After our dive when checking the computer it had the nitrogen bars and oxygen bars pegged out. After 24 hours the computer had reset itself and I did a single dive on 36% on Sunday without incident.

So Oceanic what is wrong with the logic of this computer and what can you do to ensure that this does not happen again?

NOTE: I had already ran through our planned dives of the day through iDeco pro, the computers are more or less for contingency, tracking surface intervals, and for logging dives.

If it had happened at 70', I might have thought it defaulted to 50% EAN.

Sounds like a replacement is in order (they don't really repair these things).

And sorry it was kinda bumpy on Saturday/Sunday.

I had disabled the switch to 50% after an EAN dive so I wouldn't have an issue.

Yeah Saturday we had 6ft seas that kept on building up, a few people lost their lunch and we came close to loosing it but got in the water quickly enough for our second dive. I must say the diving is great, i must come back soon!

I had disabled the switch to 50% after an EAN dive so I wouldn't have an issue.

Yeah Saturday we had 6ft seas that kept on building up, a few people lost their lunch and we came close to loosing it but got in the water quickly enough for our second dive. I must say the diving is great, i must come back soon!

Post it up in advance next time and we can assemble the usual suspects for a trip on six-pack boat to see some of the lesser dove spots :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom