Oceanic Veo Computer problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
(Okay, double checked and it's a Versa Pro, not a Veo. Shoulda waited till I verified....)

Just thought I'd throw the question out there before I head to my LDS to take a look.

I've owned my Versa Pro for two years, bought directly through LDS. Never had any problems with it. I don't use the download feature, just standard Nitrox diving settings. It was one of the lucky ones called back for recall for problems with the Gauge mode last year, which I sent in and had promptly returned to me. No problems since then.

Saturday we were gearing up to dive. I set the computer for the gas I was using, and everything looked fine. About 15 minutes before the dive time, I went to double check that it was still set, and found that it had gone haywire.........At first glance it looked like it had logged me with a 6 minute dive, showing that day's date for the dive. The computer definitely never got wet or dunked anywhere during that time. After pressing a couple buttons to see if I could reset it, it then basically looked as though the 02 and NDL's were maxed out and happily flashing away; it continued to go through multiple settings/flashings in that way. We then attempted to remove the battery (in a dry area, of course) and reinsert, to see if it just needed to be reset. That did cause the previous flashing data to discontinue, and when pushing the button on the front of the unit, now begins the countdown function that usually occurs upon turning the unit on. However,when the countdown is complete, the unit then flashes several times (three capital letters that I can't remember at this second....) and appears to turn off.

My first guess is a low battery, though I know it did not flash a low battery warning at any time....so, I know the first thing to try is a new battery. But, if that's not it, I'd love any input before I head on over to the LDS, who may very well be much less helpful............Thanks!!!!

With those kind of problems I don't think it would be battery related. Hate to say but based on your information I would suggest taking it into your local LDS and having it returned to Oceanic.

Regards,
Darryl

Thanks Darryl!! Yes, I brought it to the LDS that night and they agreed....it's on it's way to Oceanic for review. Sadly, they had no record that I bought it at that shop, so we'll see if it will fall under warranty. I did dig up the original receipt, however, so hopefully it will be covered......

I have this same exact problem with my versa pro. Tried replacing the battery and it didn't help. Sending it in soon.
-Brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom