Oceanic VT4.1 or Atom 3.1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shallingsam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been painstakingly looking at dive computers in search of a well-rounded, air-integrated wrist computer. I've narrowed it down to the Oceanic Vt4.1 and Atom 3.1, but I'm really not sure what to get. It seems like the only difference between the two is the larger size and compass of the VT4.1. I looked at the VT4.1 at a dive shop and it looks pretty bulky, and I have small wrists, but not sure if that's really a factor I should take into account. I wasn't able to see the Atom 3.1, but I assume it's the size of the other watch-style like the D4i. Can I get some votes? It's a tough call. Both are on sale right now with a free transmitter. The Atom 3.1 is $680 and the VT4.1 is $730.

The Atom is about the size of a watch like the Suunto watch style dive computers.

Me personally, I like the puck. It has big enough display to show the numbers in reasonable font sizes for my bad eyes.

Back
Top Bottom