OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alphonsis, you need to be a bit more specific on which pull down menus you are referring to.

1. There are collapsable/pull down menus to the left of the Oceanlog screen that give you access to all of the features on the software.

2. There are pulldown menus throughout the "dive" portion of the logbook page (and other pages) like the ones for "Location" and "Site Name". These specifically require the user to click on them, then a " + " or " - " will appear to the right. Click on the " + " and you can type in the name of each location/dive site you need to add. If you highlight a specific location in that drop menu then click on the " - " it will delete that specific location/dive site name. This is how all of the user add-to drop menus work in Oceanlog (to my best recollection).

Hope this helps somehow.

For the archives, it is the pull down menus that are connected to the icons with the arrows pointing down in the toolbar menu.

The error was due to a skinning incompatibility with Windows Blinds and OceanLog.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I couldn't read all 21 pages (I read a bunch and didn't see the question).

I am running the most recent beta version. I loaded my old dive log from my atom 1.0 before installing my new atom 2.0. Everything appears to work properly except that when I try to change info in the "gear" section the program crashes and closes.

Any ideas/solutions?

THanks,
Fred

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I couldn't read all 21 pages (I read a bunch and didn't see the question).

I am running the most recent beta version. I loaded my old dive log from my atom 1.0 before installing my new atom 2.0. Everything appears to work properly except that when I try to change info in the "gear" section the program crashes and closes.

Any ideas/solutions?

THanks,
Fred

I tried uninstalling both Oceanlog 2 and Oceanlog 1 and then reinstalling.

I'm running Vista Basic.

Everything works fine until I click on "gear" and then try and pick a an option.
I get "runtime error '3265'
Item not found in this collection"

I have the same problem with Beta 3 that I have with the current released version of the software.

As soon as the software starts I get the message stating "You do not have the appropriate license to use this functionality".

I am running Windows Vista Business and I have UAC (User Account Control) within Vista turned off and am running the software as an administrator.

I have been running Windows Vista since its release and do not have any other application that refuse to run under Vista with the exception of Oceanic/Aeris software.

I am a corporate software developer and quite familiar with Windows Vista.

It appears as though your developer's are using an old ActiveX control for which they failed to provide a license file (usually with a .lic file entension) within the install.

This is the same problem I get when running the released software under Windows Vista.

If you developer's wich to provide a debug version I would be more that happy to run that version of my PC so they can capture any relevant information while the application tries to start up.

This problem occurs when using the Oceanlog 2.1.4 Beta 3.

The Window Vista Application Event Log contains only two entries relative to OceanLog. Both are from the installation.

I was having the same problem,another response suggested turning on UAC. I did that reinstalled the program and it runs fine..

I have the same problem with Beta 3 that I have with the current released version of the software.

As soon as the software starts I get the message stating "You do not have the appropriate license to use this functionality".

I am running Windows Vista Business and I have UAC (User Account Control) within Vista turned off and am running the software as an administrator.

I have been running Windows Vista since its release and do not have any other application that refuse to run under Vista with the exception of Oceanic/Aeris software.

I am a corporate software developer and quite familiar with Windows Vista.

It appears as though your developer's are using an old ActiveX control for which they failed to provide a license file (usually with a .lic file entension) within the install.

This is the same problem I get when running the released software under Windows Vista.

If you developer's wich to provide a debug version I would be more that happy to run that version of my PC so they can capture any relevant information while the application tries to start up.

This problem occurs when using the Oceanlog 2.1.4 Beta 3.

The Window Vista Application Event Log contains only two entries relative to OceanLog. Both are from the installation.

I was having the same problem,another response suggested turning on UAC. I did that reinstalled the program and it runs fine..

You are absolutely correct. Another forum member pointed that out to me shortly after I posted themessage.

Doug Krause of Oceanic inidcated that he will post an updated version of both the Oceanic and Aeris programs that does not require UAC to be turned on for it to work properly.

I upload the newer version of OceanLog (4.1.4 Beta 3) and installed it right away on my machine. The installation process went perfect and it installed it on an old version of it. The only prolem I have is under Dive Details panel : normally, I have 3 screens : one with infos on my diver under a table format, graphic bar and the kind of display who almost like my dive computer display. With this new version, there is no display under Dive Details, is there a reason ??? I verified the FAQ section but there is nothing about it.

Thanks for your help
04.gif

sweet! Not that it does anything for me, given I still run xp, but sweet nonetheless. =c)

Does anyone else have issues with the accessories field under "gear"?

When I download a new dive, the field is always empty. I have to click on the plus and add an accessory. After I add an accessory all my previously entered accessories show up but now I have two of the accessory I had to add to get to to show up. When I delete the extra one they all disappear. Hope that makes sense. It did this with 2.1.4 and now 2.1.5 as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom