Oceanlog crashing in Windows 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdiaz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to migrate Oceanlog from Windows XP to Windows 7.

When I try to open a log saved with a previous version of Oceanlog on XP I get the error message:

"Database file is missing. Program terminated"

Oceanlog then quits.

Running Oceanlog 2.2.6; Windows 7

I cannot restore from backups either.

What a surprise! Not.

When you run release X.0, you are a test subject. I think I will let other people run .0 and suffer the bleeding edge.

I wonder if Oceanic loves the test subjects or if they will quickly tire of people wondering why something doesn't work under 7?

Have fun with 7.

Jeff

For the record, I'm a Mac user. I've been trying to persuade Oceanic to support Mac users for years. I'm only running Windoze 7 out of morbid curiosity - and because Oceanic does not support Mac.

:(
H

Instead of the migrated Oceanlog try a clean install.
then just open your old log file.
If this doesn't work set Oceanlog to open in XP compatability mode
Honestly I see no reason it shouldn't run on Win 7 I'm running version 2.2.6 under Vista 64bit
Just make sure you have the correct drivers for your download adapter. 32 0r 64 bit

>try a clean install.

It was a clean install.

>then just open your old log file.

Sample file opens, old log file crashes.

>If this doesn't work set Oceanlog to open in XP compatability mode

Still crashes...

>make sure you have the correct drivers for your download adapter. 32 0r 64 bit

Been there, done that...

Sounds to me like you have a corrupt log file. I've been running Windows 7 with Oceanlog for at least a year now with no problems. Do you have another copy of it somewhere?

Went back to running Oceanlog 2.26 in XP in Sun's Virtual Box in my Mac. Problem gone.

If Windows 7 is like Vista 64, the data file can't reside in the program directory. Vista 64 creates a virtual extension to the program directory were data files are stored. If Oceanlog is looking in the virtual folder but the file is in the program directory then the program will not find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom