Oceanlog issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had to get a new laptop which now runs on Windows 7 64 Bit OS. I have downloaded and installed Oceanlog 2.x for Windows 7 64 bit and the USB driver more times than I can count uninstalling each time with hopes it will work. But each time I click on add a log from my Pro Plus 2; my computer locks up, and I have to do a hard shutdown. I have email Oceanic twice from their website, and have given them 1.5 weeks to reply. I am now getting frustrated and upset with Oceanic about this issue that no one has gotten back with me on how to fix this issue. I have dives on my Pro Plus 2 that need to be downloaded.

There is a post on here some where saying to call oceanic because most email are not answered. The phone number is in your manual or on the website.

I would recomend calling them direct, that seems to be the best way to reach them. Also have you downloaded the BETA driver. That is the newest one and should work. Either way I would call them direct.

just a suggestion.....have the USB transfer cable plugged in (but not connected to the PDC) when you select "add a dive"

I find that my comp freezes if I don't follow that routine

Just went through this precise problem with the Oceanic Techs. The solution is super simple.

Plug in the USB Cable. Open the Device Manager and find the USB Cable. Change the COM port in use from COM3 to COM8. That solved it for me. Give it a go.

I was able to get the USB connection to take, but almost immediately after the PDC and computer attempt a handshake the Oceanlog program crashes. Anyone gotten this thing to read a VT4 yet? Thanks, and dive safe buddies.

Installed USB drivers. Installed OceanLog. Searched for and installed updates. Closed program. Connected USB, started Ocean Log. Clicked on "Dive", message said to download dives before viewing. Download instruction screen shows. Msg, USB Found appears. Connect to PP2.1 and 120 second clock starts. Clicked on "start" button. OceanLog crashes and goes away.

Went to Device Manager and changed to Com port 8. Still crashes.

This has got to be the LEAST INTUITIVE piece of software I've ever seen.

Suggestions?

I am running the same system and Use my Proplus 2 and Datamask and have no issues.. For those having Issues try and removing the old Oceanlog program do a system restart and then try the Beta version. Of if you accidently or purposely downloaded the Beta version do the reverse. And after install again restart computer before hooking the computer/starting program. And as others posted don't waste your time emailing because I sent emails few months ago and still waiting on a reply, Best bet is to call.

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

I had the same problems, called Oceanic and they had me remove and re-install the USB drivers and that worked. Save the download though because I have had to do it again. I am a Oceanic fan, I have reg's, BCD's, fin's and three of their computers and I use two of the computers on every dive but I do not care for Oceanlog software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom