OceanLog problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a VT3 that is a little over 5 years old. I have been downloading dives the entire time, 585 dives. I recently "successfully" downloaded my most recent series of dives and now the application does not open. I get an error message: Runtime error '3343' Unrecognized database format 'C:Windows\system 32\CraigWood1.dlg.dec'

I have sent a couple messages to Oceanic help, but have not received a reply yet. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Try right clicking on the Ocean Log Icon, click the compatibility tab and check run this program as an administrator.

Thanks for the suggestion, I had already unsuccessfully tried this, same error message on attempting to start the program. I am considering restoring a previous version, if that fails, un/reinstalling application. Other suggestions?

---------- Post added September 25th, 2015 at 03:26 AM ----------

Restoring the computer to a date prior to the problem and starting from safe mode were both ineffective. I tried a published fix for the 3343 error but method didn't work. I'll try restoring the application to an earlier version from a restore point. I would like to avoid uninstall/reinstall of the entire application if possible. Any advice?

Note: on Sept 16, the application opened and I downloaded a new series of dives. It was reopening the application where the error 1st appeared. The application simply does not run now and I get the 3343 error message on each attempt to open, regardless of method

---------- Post added September 25th, 2015 at 02:09 PM ----------

The problem was a corrupted, most recent dive log file, .dlg. I was able to launch the program using an older dive log file and then successfully download and save dives. This was not a systemic defect but an application specific problem. Live and learn

---------- Post added September 25th, 2015 at 02:16 PM ----------

I must say, it really pisses me off that I heard not word one from Oceanic technical support. For a variety of reasons, I believe their customer support has really dropped off during the last several years. I've been a loyal Oceanic dive computer customer since 2002, it's extremely unlikely my next dive computer will be an Oceanic. I doubt they care

---------- Post added September 25th, 2015 at 02:20 PM ----------

Of course, they have discontinued the VT4.1 and will not even acknowledge it on SB. The only alternative choice is now the expensive VTX, no thank you. Maybe Aqualung will offer alternatives now that they own Pelagic Pressure Systems, one can only hope

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom