Ocean's Window Plano/ San Antonio CLOSED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ocean's Window has closed both stores in San Antonio and Plano. I guess the bank wanted it more than they did.

buying there since San Marcos has only 1 dive shop and they are more into pool equipment than dive gear. I just bought a wetsuit from the store in SA in December. I also heard the one in Austin closed as well.

Debraw how is your new store doing? I lived right off 360 for 20 yrs. I was certified in 1977 with Arlington Scuba and also was friends with Bill and Francie Tucker of Tuckers Dive Shop in GP. Next time we are in the area we will stop by and say Hi. Looking forward to meeting you.

parrotheaddiver:
<snip>
"Debraw how is your new store doing? I lived right off 360 for 20 yrs. I was certified in 1977 with Arlington Scuba and also was friends with Bill and Francie Tucker of Tuckers Dive Shop in GP. Next time we are in the area we will stop by and say Hi. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hey! We are doing great! Well, at least better than Ocean's Window right now "ouch" ! I know Bill Tucker very well and I also work very well with Bruce the new owner of Tucker's Dive Shop. We purchased our compressor from August Industries where Bill Tucker works now. I always hear that other shops are saying' oh this is the worst we have ever seen it" or "business is terrible" . Well, if this is terrible I can't wait for the good times! We have lots of people coming in and out of the shop even during the winter. We sell a lot of gear but I think that is mainly because we are so competitive with the internet. Anywho, I better get back to my last minute paper work . I am leaving on a cruise tomorrow! Cozumel, here I come!

That bites. My girlfriend and I were certified at Ocean's Window in San Antonio.

I guess the internet doesn't help, but then again if something is twice as expensive in the store I rather buy it online.

I work in Plano and I have taken a few trips with that store. There were some good folks there.

I'll have to slide by and see if there is a fire sale going on gear. Maybe I can get a good deal on stuff I don't really need.

TwoBit

I drove by the Plano store today and it said "Closed for inventory" on the sign in the window...

/Mike

Wow, they will try anything. There will be no sale, the bank has everything. It is really bad.

Debra

I slid by today between inspections and it was all dark.

The pool is still being used by swim lessons groups, but that's it. It could be a matter of fulfilling contractual obligations. Once those classes are done, that will be it. This is nothing more than my conjecture.

The web site still exists, but that will probably go when the next server bill is due.

I honestly never believed Oceans Window would go. I figured that they had the best business model out there, but I guess you can only stall the bank for so long.

What will the bank do with the gear? I figure it will be sold to cover debts.

This does leave more business for Dive West in Plano. I just hope they improve customer service. Then there is Emerald Sea in Richardson and Blue Dolphin in Frisco.

TwoBit

i'm sure the bank will sell it off. If any hears more info let us know

I bet some liquidation house will get it and it will all end up at Tuesday Morning! LOL!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom