Ocean's Window Plano/ San Antonio CLOSED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went ahead and had our usual Oceans Window monthly dive club meeting here in San Antonio earlier in the week and from what the ex-manager knows is this: There has been a court appointed trustee taking inventory and a decision should be made here soon as to whether there might be a liquidation sale or auction. There is an interested party (a diver) that will be talking to the bank this coming week and may buy the building to keep someone else from filling in the pool with concrete and opening up who knows what at that location. It's a prime spot here in SA.

I'll post as I find out more information this week.

Thanks Sea Otter! This is a pretty big topic of discussion amongst the dive shops in DFW. WE are anxious to hear more news and thanks for the update.

I know this is an old thread but I've heard a few interesting things from fairly reliable sources.

First, I guess they went out of business because they lost a lot of vendors because they were overextended on credit. Before they closed, some of the employees were even going to other shops to buy certain brands of gear (i.e. Scubapro). I also heard that Scubatoys bought the inventory. I heard some other things too. It wasn't the LDS that I frequent, but I did like to go there because they had decent prices and the shop was laid out nicely. It is a prime location but honestly, I don't know how they stayed open for so long because I'm sur the overhead kiled them in rent and utilities alone.

The Scubatoys rumor has been running around quite a bit. If they bought inventory it was the S.A. store. Not the Plano (Dallas) store.

I am strongly considering doing a project for school which would entail doing an open records request to the bankruptcy courts of Collin County.

TwoBit

There should be a way for you to download an FOI (Freedom of Information) request form online. You might run a Google search for it.

Anyone have any ideas on what is replacing the Plano store? I recently heard another dive shop is going in there, but can't remember the name. I liked that place since it was on my way to work and if I needed something I could swing by during my lunch break.

Go to http://www.oceanswindow.com/ The rumors about Scubatoys buying the inventory are false, at least in the Plano store. I went in there today, just to kinda scope things out, and even though Blue Dolphin Scuba from Frisco has bought it, the merchandise still has the Ocean's Window price tags on it.

fire fyter do you work for the paris fire dept ? because i might have seen you in there today.

no scubatoys didnt get the inventory from the store because its all there, oceans window is now Blue Dolphin scuba of plano (or blue dolphin 2).

there will be a transisition period but everything should work out in the long run, and im glad mike T got the shop as hes a real good guy and i wish him the best.

i even saw two bit in today while i was looking around, and i haveto go back this morning to help with a project.

well i will catch you all later

tooth

I was in that area yesterday and also stopped by the store. Looked like the same store as before. Not too many changes but that's not unexpected given they just reopened the doors a few days ago.

Another excellent dive shop in DFW is International Scuba in north Carrollton off Marsh Lane near Trinity. www.internationalscuba.com The owner is extremely nice, very professional, competitive prices and gives excellent customer service.

I went by the San Antonio store yesterday and all the equipment was still in there and there were some pretty hefty locks on the doors.

I spoke to Dive World and they said they were offered the location but since it has such a High Overhead they didn't want to go there.

I guess the rent must be pretty high since it is a prime location here in SA .

This bites since my girlfriend and I were certified through Oceans Window and Now I can't use their pool and our other dive shop "Dive World" wants $25 bucks an hour to use their pool :( ..

Oh well who would have guessed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom