Ocracoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevis Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to be in Beaufort August 14 & 15 to dive the QAR. However, Sunday the 9th through Wednesday the 12th I will be on Ocracoke with limited access to the ferry to Hatteras. Does anyone know of ANY diving opportunities on Ocracoke? I don't necesarily need to go out to wreck, although that would be awesome, just need to get wet before the QAR later that week. The bathtub at the B&B just isn't big enough ! :rofl3:

Chris

Chris, currently there are no dive boats operating from Ocracoke on a regular basis. There have been some fish boats that I have seen carring divers occasionally so you might ask your BB operator if they know who they are. You could probably jump in the water somewhere around silver lake and see something, but there are no easy access beach dives that I know about on Ocracoke. You can go out of Hatteras village if you get the early ferry across as many divers do that with us during the season. You can get dropped off at the south side and ride over without a car as the Hatteras dive boats are walking distance from the north ferry docks. Sorry, but I don't have anything that fits your needs those days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom