OCS and OC1 Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justcallmecam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have had the OCS for just over a year now and having used the zoop, DG03, matrix, petrel among others this has been by far my favorite computer for daily diving. untill today.
I thought it was a battery issue as the light was dim the last couple of days, but today when i pressed a button to access the menu screen goes blank and nothing since.
I thought it was the battery and as I had none handy I tried swapping with my DG03 (pretty well flat) to see if either of the low batteries would run either of the computers to get me through today.
the battery from the hollis wont turn the OCS on but the OCS battery in the hollis reads good.
so I tried a new bat this afternoon in the OCS and still nothing.
Its about 2 months out of warranty so things are not looking good for it.
I would absolutely get another one of these bacause i really like the z+ algorithm, I can take one group for 2 dives in the morning followed by a fresh group for 2 dives in the arvo, I ride it pretty well on the limit for the last 2 dives and always get out of the water feeling great... no deep stops, 2nd group of customers can still see the deeper dives around here with a decent bottom time and i have had no issues in over a year of use.
So what I actually want to ask is has anyone else had this issue??
I would buy another one no hesitations especially at the nice price point but if i only get another year out of it I would not be happy.
So anyone else with this issue? or any other issues for that matter?
Thanks a heap.
Cam.

I have an OC1 (and 3 other Oceanic computers) -- been diving it a few years and never had this issue. Call Oceanic. They aren't very responsive to emails, but if you call them, I've found they are very helpful -- the tech people especially.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom