October 2011, Who is visiting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahidoodi: Oct 1-8th , plus 2 other divers and another one getting certified. Staying at Iberostar, diving with Dressel Divers

KJHorton: Oct 7-15, staying at Iberostar and diving with Alison

TightLines: 10/8 -10/14 plus two other divers

Turk9 and son Chris: OCT 10-15 - Suites Bahia, Aldora Divers.

HatchetJoe: Oct 10-21, Casa Mexicana, diving with Papa Hogs

leslief: Oct 15-25 Villa Blanca and Scuba Mau and Papa Hogs for Safari

CJ76: Oct 19-26 in playa

Harry and Marianne(non diver): Oct 20- 27 Casa Mexicana, probably Scuba Mau (not booked yet)

Bill and Renate: Oct 22-29 Blue angel

Blue steal + Non-diving wife: Oct 26-Nov 4. staying and diving with Blue Angel

Frank Storms + 3: Oct 28-Nov 6, Blue Angel

Last edited:
I'm confirmed:
10-21 Oct, Casa Mexicana, Papa Hogs, Solo trip, signifant other has her whatever excuse.

10/8 -10/14 plus two other divers. All 1st time to Coz. Still haven't booked accomadation / dive op.

Thinking about booking a trip in October, first time to Cozumel. Why is October's list small compared to the others?

ttriton - I am wondering about that myself. I have been to Cozumel in October and the temperatures were nice, the water was warm, and the "crowds" non-existent. It is still hurricane season and perhaps people recall Hurricane Wilma hitting Cozumel in October 2005.

I live on the Louisiana coast, so I'm familiar with hurricanes; hope to avoid that...What's the Nortes? Are they more in October?

I'll be there for the first time, Oct. 19 - 23;
Stayin at Cozumel Palace w/ non diving wife.
Since I don't have a dive buddy with me, should I just hope for an insta buddy or hire dm?
Not sure what dive op I'm going to use yet.

Thanks

In regard to the insta-buddy or DM question, that depends how comfortable you are drift diving, your over all experience and competence, and when you were diving last. Different dive ops handle it in different ways. Some will assign you a buddy and some will consider the group DM to be your buddy. You have to be fairly self sufficient for the latter (for either really). I have done 75 or so dives off Cozumel without a travel dive buddy and have never felt the need for a private DM but your millage may vary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom