October Not-Quite-So-MegaDive 2006 Oct. 27-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
Who IS that strange little man on the left?

david, everybody short to you, you're like 11 feet tall

as for strange...

well, you can't win them all

LindaBluedolphin:
I had not realized you were a new Diver, Congrats on #25 in a cavern! Did the Cavern Bug bite you or are you going to stick primairly with the salty stuff? :wink:

The cavern bug did bite! However it is not my first time in the dark. I went spelunking in Virginia many years ago and got into a passageway so tight crawling on my belly I could not turn around or even look behind me and just prayed it would lead to an opening... and it did. Had to have a very stern talk to myself about not thinking the walls were closing in on me and just put on tunnel vision (so to speak) and keep going. It worked!
But I don't think I am going to take a cave diving course anytime soon. The salty stuff is just too darn close!
Mardie

Sea Dragon:
The cavern bug did bite! However it is not my first time in the dark. I went spelunking in Virginia many years ago and got into a passageway so tight crawling on my belly I could not turn around or even look behind me and just prayed it would lead to an opening... and it did. Had to have a very stern talk to myself about not thinking the walls were closing in on me and just put on tunnel vision (so to speak) and keep going. It worked!
But I don't think I am going to take a cave diving course anytime soon. The salty stuff is just too darn close!
Mardie

I actually tried some spelunking once with a dive club I was in when I lived in Los Angeles, actually they were more like lava tube caves http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/north_america/california/pisgah.html

The place was amazing, not a shred of life anyplace on the mountain, no vegetation, no bugs, nothing. At night it was so dark we could see the lights of Las Vegas in the distance. However the distance was about 250 miles away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom