Octopus Diving St. Maarten / St. Martin Latest News!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teamoctopus

Registered
Reaction score
Grand Case, St. Martin, French West Indies
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Octopus Diving - Scuba Dive and Snorkel in Saint Martin / Sint Maarten is just about ready to start the new season on 1st October 2011

Hurricanes haven't affected the Island at all so far and fingers are crossed that we are through the worst of it. So all our awesome dive sites Top Dive Sites | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin are still in excellent shape even our secret ones!!

This year we have been busy changing our operation on the beach to make sure that our customers have an easier time getting kitted up. Also we have more space for you to leave your dive equipment with us and let it dry in a secure, and airy location.

Why St. Martin / St, Maarten?

Most major cities have direct flights with Jet Blue, American Airlines and Continental. NYC has 3 flights a day from Newark, JFK and La Guardia.

The “Culinary Capital of the Caribbean” is located 2 minutes from our dive shop in Grand Case

37 beautiful un-spoilt beaches

Over 30 awesome dive sites

Hotels from $50 a night on the beach with a sea view!
For more information contact us info@octopusdiving.com

Octopus Diving is still rated Number 1 Tour on St.Martin / St. Maarten on http://http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147351-d1092282-Reviews-Octopus_Diving-Grand_Case_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html, for 6 months we were rated top 3 excursion In the Caribbean out of 4,700 and our main focus hasn't changed and that is 100% customer service:

Still only SIX divers max per boat

Only 2 students per Instructor

VIP service all the way and a 2 tank dive is still only $99 fully inclusive

Our staff has changed a little this year but Chris, Sally and Stuart will be here to look after you as usual.

Mike and Michelle finished their Internship with us and Stefan bought himself a yacht to sail the Caribbean!

Chris and Jude are the newest additions to Octopus Diving, St. Martin, they are from the UK and are seasoned and respected Instructors within the dive community. With 100's of dives and certifications you will be in safe and competent hands. Both are boat Captains and we look forward to a great season with them.

This year we will have more Divemaster Interns working with us starting with Abbey Fortescue. Abbey is from the UK and wants to become an Instructor. From our email correspondence we can tell that she is super excited to be joining the Octopus Diving Team and hopefully she will become an Instructor on Island in 2012.

For more information on Divemaster internships just follow this link Divemaster Internship | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin.
If you are interested in a taking a Divemaster Internship course with us please ask us info@octopusdiving.com

Octopus Diving TEC has had a slow but steady start in 2011. Many of our regular customers have decided to try the IANTD Advanced Nitrox and Decompression procedures course and all have loved it, especially diving La Renee and the Fusheng for extended bottom times. The longer you are down the more likely you are to see Sharks in their natural environment.
IANTD Advanced Nitrox | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin
One recent student was blown away by the experience and came back to do some real DECO diving with Chris. All the images were caught on HD video with the GO PRO Camera and the dives were just amazing!

The Poseidon MK6 Recreational Closed Circuit Rebreather (RCCR) has been busy too, Chris has over 200 dives on the MK6 and knows it inside out ! Again many of our regular customers have dived the MK6 and loved the experience, no bubbles and easy diving make this an awesome Rebreather. Try dives are available at $299 for a one on one session with the MK6.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/rebreather-diving/396506-poseidon-mk6-try-dives-st-martin-st-maarten-caribbean-2012-a.html

For more information on how to discover the MK6 just follow this link Poseidon MK6 CIS Lunar Discovery Rebreather | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

Last year 2010 / 2011 was awesome and we would like to thank all our customers for making Octopus Diving what it is, without you and your continued support we wouldn't be where we are now.

Highlights of last season:

Moving to our new departure site with secure parking

Purchasing a brand new Bauer compressor and air storage system http://http://www.octopusdiving.com/about-us/our-compressor/

Chris and Stuart becoming IANTD Instructors

Octopus Diving TEC

Purchasing Octopussy – probably the best dive boat in the Caribbean Octopussy | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

Attending Beneath the Sea in New Jersey – our first dive Expo

The creation of Octopics where you can now rent your own Camera! Underwater Photography | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

Our website is full of awesome photo's and information Octopus Diving - Scuba Dive and Snorkel in Saint Martin / Sint Maarten and check out Sally's blog too.

To contact us just email info@octopusdiving.com

or call us on our US land line 1 914 487 1315

Thanks for reading our 2012 season update and we look forward to seeing you soon in St. Martin / St. Maarten!

My boyfriend (also my instructor) and I will be heading to St. Martin next August on a cruise. Will you be able to offer advanced dives for us? We're only there for a day, unfortunately. I was in St. Martin last year by myself, but just had to see the airplanes land over the beach. This time, I want to dive. :)

We'll also have a third diver with us and, possibly, two snorklers.

Hey Laurie,

We can offer more advanced dives to you and your group just let us know exactly what you are interested in. We have some awesome wrecks in St. Martin which are around 100 - 120 feet. The snorkelers would have to be on a separate boat if you wanted to go a little deeper. If you all wanted to go together we can take you to the Marine Reserve in St. Martin and the divers can dive the same sites as the snorkelers. The sites are max 10m / 30 feet but we have tons of marine life there. Turtles, eagle rays, and an abundance of fish.
If the snorkelers are interested they can easily try Scuba by taking our VIP Discover Scuba Course just $99 per person and guaranteed 2 students per instructor this is the best way they can discover scuba. Remember we only ever take 6 divers per boat!
For more information just email sally@octopusdiving.com and she will help you.
Can't wait to see you in St. Martin / St. Maarten

Thanks! I'd love to do the wreck dive myself and I'm sure the other divers will, too. The snorklers are the other diver's wife and son, and maybe they'll want to do something else on their own that day. I'm just gathering info right now since it's not until next August. But, I'll check back with you next year and set up the reservations.

Where are you located in relationship to where the cruise ships come in? We'll be on the megaship Oasis of the Seas, if that makes a difference.

Thanks! I'd love to do the wreck dive myself and I'm sure the other divers will, too. The snorklers are the other diver's wife and son, and maybe they'll want to do something else on their own that day. I'm just gathering info right now since it's not until next August. But, I'll check back with you next year and set up the reservations.

Where are you located in relationship to where the cruise ships come in? We'll be on the megaship Oasis of the Seas, if that makes a difference.
Hey Laurie,
We are located on the other side of the Island so you would need to get a cab to us. However our 2 tank dives are still $99. Because we are away from the cruise ships we usually have the dive sites to ourselves and it's rare to have another dive boat in the vicinity.
Email sally@octopusdiving.com for more information and book as soon as you can. We already have bookings for 2013 and book really fast!!
We can set up a 2 tank dive for you on one of the deeper wrecks, but all the divers need to be Advanced Open Water.
Thanks
Teamoctopus

I will be coming to SXM on OCT 17 2011 and would love to get some dives I am still new to the sport but love it. Do you have any suggestion? What is the best dive package? I will be there for 7 days.

I will be coming to SXM on OCT 17 2011 and would love to get some dives I am still new to the sport but love it. Do you have any suggestion? What is the best dive package? I will be there for 7 days.

Thanks for the message and we would love to take you diving in St. Martin. Our website has more information on dive packages Dive Packages | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

The diving here is awesome, especially in the North of the Island where we are located. Our secret dive sites are also particularly spectacular. Guaranteed 6 people per boat means VIP diving all the way!!

6 Dives – $256 (including tanks and weights), $267 (including all equipment)
8 Dives – $342 (including tanks and weights), $356 (including all equipment)
10 Dives – $427 (including tanks and weights), $445 (including all equipment)
12 Dives – $485 (including tanks and weights), $505 (including all equipment)

If you book a 10 or 12 dive package we offer free 32% Nitrox for all the dives.

We also have try dives on the Poseidon MK6 Rebreather, we also have Advanced Nitrox courses where we offer your PADI Nitrox certification for free!! Just check out our website for more information Tec Courses | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

Octopus Diving is taking bookings really fast for October so if you would like to schedule your dives or a course please email sally@octopusdiving and she will get straight back to you.

We are going to be in Philipsburg on 11/27/2011. Ship is said to be there 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We are three guys, we want to do a 2 dives and then go for some shopping :)

Any thoughts on this plan? Can you help?

Thanks

we are all certified...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the message.

First thing you should do is shoot Sally an email sally@octopusdiving.com and she will assist you with everything you need.

Can't wait to see you in St. Martin / St. Maarten.

Chris
Owner
Octopus Diving

We are going to be in Philipsburg on 11/27/2011. Ship is said to be there 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We are three guys, we want to do a 2 dives and then go for some shopping :)

Any thoughts on this plan? Can you help?

Thanks

we are all certified...

Back
Top Bottom