Octopus vs. Air Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope you have your flame suit on.

OK back to the question,

1st this has been debated to death on this board but any one has the right to an answer.

IMO most (new) users of any kind of simular system tend to use this in the wrong way.
It happened to me several times,when I met a (insta)buddy with such a device,I allways ask how we would go about in a OOG.(Out Of Gas) situation.Most (not all) answer that I'll be getting that octo inflator.:shakehead:
That's just NOT gonna work.So IF and WHEN you deside to get one of these contraptions,be sure to understand
YOU are the one that should be using it.
YOU have to breath of it.
YOU have to maintain buoyancy and trim with it.

Also think about the fact that a normal 2nd stage is something EVERY diver will understand ,when OOG
That's one of the things I like about the DIR/techdiver guys. It's just clear on who's using what.

Think about your gear config. and be sure HOW to use it.

Have fun,dive safe.

thank you. i should have searched the threads in the board before posting something that has been beaten to death.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom