Oden experts trivia question, when was my '2960' "born"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi David, have you checked out :

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/reg_parts_2.html

Apparently they're selling some of those '2960' 1st stages you're looking for.

That's interesting about the unique exhale sound the '2960's make......I've not noticed that difference, but I'm pretty new to diving Odins, so I'll have to listen for that the next time I use it...I wonder exactly what it is about the '2960' that makes that sound......and does that sound come from the 1st stage or the 2nd stage, as, from what I can tell, the 2nd stages on the '2960' are identical to the '3960' 2nd stages?

...still don't want to sell my '2960' yet...but I'll keep you in mind if I ever change my mind. :)

Karl

scubafanatic once bubbled...
Hi David, have you checked out :

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/reg_parts_2.html

Apparently they're selling some of those '2960' 1st stages you're looking for.

That's interesting about the unique exhale sound the '2960's make......I've not noticed that difference, but I'm pretty new to diving Odins, so I'll have to listen for that the next time I use it...I wonder exactly what it is about the '2960' that makes that sound......and does that sound come from the 1st stage or the 2nd stage, as, from what I can tell, the 2nd stages on the '2960' are identical to the '3960' 2nd stages?

...still don't want to sell my '2960' yet...but I'll keep you in mind if I ever change my mind. :)

Karl

Thanks for the link. I actually jsut picked up a 2960 1st & 2nd from Barbara @ Divers City for $200 ready to dive. Bob serviced it before she shipped it.

I'm not sure why this model makes that distinct sound, but it's a buddy bonus. :)

I will still need one for deco/stage.... So yes, keep me in mind. Thanks,

Hi David,

Congrats on finding that '2960'......in addition to the ones on sale @ discountdivers, I also see one on sale now on E-bay:

item# 1983477326

(a 2960 1st and 2nd stage......the auction is now @ $177.50 and expires Dec 22, so you still have a little while to think about bidding.)

........I'm still wondering what's inside that 2nd 'dome' on the 2960 1st stage (it has 2 'domes' versus the 3960's one dome)?

Karl

Thanks...

After buying for X-mas & ....... myself :D, I'm kinda tapped.

I bought that Odin ($200) a brand new DR Alu BP/Harness w/Classic wing ($200) and a DR 300 bar Manifold w/Iso ($200).

That's on top of the X-mas presents I bought. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Good thing my Bday is in Jan... LOL !

I lost the auction on a never wet 3960 for $80. I didn't get the last bid in in time. Ugh!!!!

scubafanatic once bubbled...
Hi David,

Congrats on finding that '2960'......in addition to the ones on sale @ discountdivers, I also see one on sale now on E-bay:

item# 1983477326

(a 2960 1st and 2nd stage......the auction is now @ $177.50 and expires Dec 22, so you still have a little while to think about bidding.)

........I'm still wondering what's inside that 2nd 'dome' on the 2960 1st stage (it has 2 'domes' versus the 3960's one dome)?

Karl

The man to ask about this would be Rainreg. Maybe he'll drop in & tell us. I'll see of I can reach him.

Bob3 once bubbled...
Yo, Thump... you really need to fix yourself up with a sniping program.
I like http://www.isnipeit.com/
They have a 20 free trial version.

Thanks Bob!!!

I found the program & a hack. I just won a 2960 1st & 2nd in the last 5 seconds for $152.50. Whoo Hoo. He shipped it out Tuesday & it's on it's way!

And included 2 2nd stage Poseidon rebuild kits!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom