OEM wing manufacturer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evil_xander

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
By looking at the following brands, one could come to the conclusion that all these wings are made by the same manufacturer as an OEM product and branded accordingly: Golem Gear, DTD, Dir Zone, DUX and perhaps several others I'm not aware of.

Does anybody know who really manufacturers them?

Have a look:
DTD - DTD - dive
DUX - DUX DIVING - diving products
Golem Gear - Golem Gear, Inc. - BCDs/Wings

By looking at the following brands, one could come to the conclusion that all these wings are made by the same manufacturer as an OEM product and branded accordingly: Golem Gear, DTD, Dir Zone, DUX and perhaps several others I'm not aware of.

Does anybody know who really manufacturers them?

Have a look:
DTD - DTD - dive
DUX - DUX DIVING - diving products
Golem Gear - Golem Gear, Inc. - BCDs/Wings

Evil,

Most of the worlds wings (and some other scuba inflatables, bc's smb's lift bags, etc.) are produced by a small number of contract manufacturer's.

Very few Wing Brands are actually produced by the Companies that market them. DSS and Halcyon are two exceptions I'm aware of.

I'm not sure who makes the brands you've listed, but it would not surprise me if they all are from the same source.

Tobin

I don't know either but they sure look like nice wings.

Evil,

Most of the worlds wings (and some other scuba inflatables, bc's smb's lift bags, etc.) are produced by a small number of contract manufacturer's.

Very few Wing Brands are actually produced by the Companies that market them. DSS and Halcyon are two exceptions I'm aware of.

I'm not sure who makes the brands you've listed, but it would not surprise me if they all are from the same source.

Tobin

Is Oxycheq also OEM?

Oh Lord, we pray you strike the SB server with lightning.
lightning.jpg

Is Oxycheq also OEM?

As far as I know, DSS and Halcyon are the only two wing brands that are manufactured "in house".

I am referring to the design, sewing, RF welding and assembly.

From a manufacturing perspective there are advantages and disadvantages in either "outsourcing" or producing goods "in house"

There are some very well qualified contract inflatable manufacturing houses.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom