Off topic for diving but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
You folks in Fla, what is the St Petersburg area like? Cost of living etc? I have looked at the Central Fla area a lot but the kind of work I want, I may have a oppurtunity in St Perersburg just end up a little off center from Central Fla?

What kinda town is St Petersburg? Would you raise a family there?

Personally, St Petersburg is more densely populated than I would care to live in, but I have worked for companies out that area. If I were to move into the general vicinity of St Pete, my personal choice for living would be the Brandon area south of there. That still gives access via I-275 without tooo much problem. There is also the Land-O-Lakes area to the north of Tampa/StPete that isnt to bad either. If the job were something that were not the a-typical 8-5 thing, I would say Lakeland or vicinity there of in Polk County.

Thats just the 2psi from a FL born and raised beach bum/country boy. :)

St. Pete (located in Pinellas County) is densely populated...counties to the north are less so, although growing fast...Brandon is nice, but I prefer Clearwater, Dunedin, Ozona, and Safety Harbor (all in Pinellas County) or further up our way (Pasco-Hernando counties).

As far as raising a family here....well, I did. But overall is Florida the best as far as schools etc?, I would have to say no. And I say this as a person who loves my (adopted) state very much, having lived here since I was 10 years old.

Commuting is kind of a nightmare here...so make that a consideration as far as where to live vs where your work is.

It is beautiful here...and the diving is terrific.

Forgot to address cost of living....average home $150K to $170K...less expensive north of Pinellas County...no state income tax...property taxes in Pinellas County are high (compared to Pasco where I live). Oranges are cheap!

Folks thanks for the replys.. Are there any St Petersburg, police officers on this board?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom