Offshore drilling bill passes house - CONTACT YOUR SENATORS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Already contacted both of my state senators and basically said, drill-it, drill-it, and drill-it some more!!!!!!!

I live in Florida by the way and wouldn't be bothered at all by the oil wells.........

creggur...maybe you can help clean up the mess before it hits our beaches. Seems the easiest method is to light it on fire. That drill it attitude will really help the rest of us divers.

Growing oil spill could eventually foul South Florida beaches

Read more: Growing oil spill could eventually foul South Florida beaches - Environment - MiamiHerald.com

How many oil rigs have caused envionmental catastrophes? Plus can you really see them from offshore? I can't, just twinkling lights at night. Again, there are countries off our shores already drilling. So again, where has the environmental impact been?

Just curious.

Carolyn:shark2:

How many oil well mistakes does it take to create a catastrophe?

one!

Attachments

• OIL-SPILL.jpg
    OIL-SPILL.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 31
Maybe somebody else mentioned this, but coming from the oil industry myself, the business part of me says, Offshore Drilling is a good thing... it creates jobs, improves commerce in the communities associated with oil drilling and production, etc...

For those who are against it, I can understand their point too, however, petroleum based products are used to create other products that we use everyday, and not just for your car or truck. Whether we like it or not, oil will never go away (not in our lifetime anyway) and neither will our dependence on it unless we go back to living in a Hunter/Gatherer society... oh wait... THEY used Kerosene!! let's go back 100 years before that.... OH Wait!! They used petroleum based products then too!!

That's my 2 cents. :wink:

Hey guys thanks for all the new jobs cleaning up Big Oil's mess. Maybe we can destroy the environment some more with rigs off Biscayne, Cypress and Everglades National. I think black tar is the new Miami Beach look.

Read more: Growing oil spill could eventually foul South Florida beaches - Environment - MiamiHerald.com

Ummm....less oil is leaked from drill rigs than leaks naturally from the ocean bed!

No matter how hard we try to "think" we are technologically advanced enough to get off of oil, we are not. Nothing yet has meet the power to weight ratio of oil derived fuel.

Finally...as someone that DOES care about the environment...you do know that wind mills/farms kill THOUSANDS of birds a year, right?

Hey AquaExplorer, as one that "DOES care about the environment..." what is your answer to an oil catastrophe you can see from satelite?

DRILL BABY, DRILL! Let the eco nuts who want to stop the drilling move to Saudi Arabia and protest there. I'm sick of my dollars going to fund the wealth of people that hate us and treat women like dirt. Drilling rigs will only help the environment by providing more fish habitats. Not to mention the GOOD PAYING JOBS that the communist president promised and those that will be created to support the entire industry. I'm sending out a part now for use in the drilling industry. I'd like to see us send out thousands of them and maybe we could call back the people that got laid off here yesterday! And thanks to the changelings we no longer live in a democracy. Just look at Queen Nancy and the crap she is pulling.

Jim - you dollars are going to be spent supporting all the American businesses that are going to be destroyed along with our environment.

Growing oil spill could eventually foul South Florida beaches - Environment - MiamiHerald.com

Best Regards!

Eco Nuts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630...olrGWOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

The house of representatives has passed a resolution allowing drilling off of the coastal shores of certain areas of the united states.

For those of you that have dove Florida, and California - you know how pristine and beautiful these areas ARE. If you have ever dove Galveston Bay, in Houston TX, you know how HARMFUL allowing this to occur can be!

Contact your senator and urge them to NOT SUPPORT this measure! Its time that we put forth efforts to look towards NEW and RENEWABLE energy resources, and stop raping this planet for minimal gains, as this would do.

Oh stop your crying. Seriously? They need to do something before gas goes back to $5 a gallon. Worst time in my life was during that phase, when it cost more to drive to work than I could afford. Cheap gas, Rape away. Find new source of energy? Stop rape, switch. Win.

Oh, and I like giving the man sausage to hot college chicks that think they are saving the environment. Mmmmm....

There is enough oil in shale in Utah to provide the needs of all of North America for 150 years.
No need to drill or depend on foreign exports.

Cost to get to pump in the 2004-2005 time frame $12.50 or so a gallon - before any taxes or profit.

So stop all drilling and off-shore and have gas at $25 a gallon - YOU CHOOSE!

Oh stop your crying. Seriously? They need to do something before gas goes back to $5 a gallon. Worst time in my life was during that phase, when it cost more to drive to work than I could afford. Cheap gas, Rape away. Find new source of energy? Stop rape, switch. Win.

Oh, and I like giving the man sausage to hot college chicks that think they are saving the environment. Mmmmm....

I think $5.00 a gallon is relatively inexpensive. Once it's over $10.00 a gallon I will join the whine!

There is enough oil in shale in Utah to provide the needs of all of North America for 150 years.
No need to drill or depend on foreign exports.

Cost to get to pump in the 2004-2005 time frame $12.50 or so a gallon - before any taxes or profit.

So stop all drilling and off-shore and have gas at $25 a gallon - YOU CHOOSE!

I think $5.00 a gallon is relatively inexpensive. Once it's over $10.00 a gallon I will join the whine!

I chose not to join America in being a debt *****. I actually have positive money :) I also drive an older vehicle. The downfall to this is it does use more gas, gas is less expensive than gas + car payment though.

I'd honestly like to see people who complain about fossil fuel walk or ride a bicycle, not use any electricity, and pump water from a well. Then come back and talk to about saving the world. Otherwise tits or gtfo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom