OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabella once bubbled...

$*/@&^!!!! I knew you'd beat me!

Ok, I'll try your technique....

ARRRRRRRGGH!!! I want a drysuit!!!!!!!!

Very jealous man...congratulations.

His method is guaranteed. It's called sucking up to the wife. Do you think that would work for you?

Anyway, drysuits aren't as becoming on womenfolk. From the standpoint of entertaining the male diver population we really prefer women to wear wetsuits. Isn't it worth a small amount of discomfort to know that we are well and truly entertained? After all, a happy man is a ..... well, a happy man.

John F

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I don't know if anyone has ever seen a divorce lawyer over a drysuit, but I think I came awfully close.

"Can I have a drysuit?" "No."
"Can I have a drysuit?" "No - shut up."
"Can I have a drysuit?" "No - I said shut up."
"Can I have a drysuit?" "Damnit - shut up."
"Can I have a drysuit?" "SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID DRYSUIT."
"I will if I get a drysuit." :)

Voila - Jeff now has a drysuit. And about 3 years shaved off his marriage.

Sounds like how I got my Yamaha DT1-B the year we got married. Of course there was a price. I had to share it with her. Any danger of your wife wanting to share yer drysuit? Put a peevalve in real quick. That should scare her away.

John F

If you were my man and bought a drysuit and I didn't get one, there had better be room for two in it. AND NO PINK!!!!!! Ninja vanish :wink:

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
If you were my man and bought a drysuit and I didn't get one, there had better be room for two in it. AND NO PINK!!!!!! Ninja vanish :wink:

If you ever see him finning backwards you'll think he has a lady in there with him. It's kinda obscene.

JohnF

He's safe from having to share it or buy her a drysuit, SHE DOESN'T DIVE. :wacko: In fact, I'm only going on his say so that he has a wife, I haven't seen any actual proof yet. :D
I OTOH, do have a wife, who does dive and you're right. If there's a dry suit in the box, there better be two, unless the only one in the box is for her. Truth be know, she suffers the cold worse than I and probably needs a drysuit more than I do, although I'm not sure she quite as fanatical a diver as I am. After all, she would come diving last year on Dec 22 (The JC Morrison in Barrie), said it was too cold.
To make it even worse, we've a third diver (our 15 yo son) in the family, who'd probably expect a drysuit too (NOT till he's stopped growing!!! although be next year, he may be able to wear my suit) and a 12yo who's begging and pleading to dive. I'm not convinced he's ready yet, the actual diving, clearing a mask, sharing air, I think he'd be fine. Keeping a level head if something failed and understanding the gas laws and the possible consequences of overly fast ascents or holding your breath, not so sure. IF we decide to let him, my wife and I will definitely have to consider moving up to Rescue. (oops, did I hijack a thread again? :wink: )

Cobalt. Are you another anti-pink female? If I bring home pink dive gear, it better be for me.

JohnF once bubbled...

If you ever see him finning backwards you'll think he has a lady in there with him. It's kinda obscene.

JohnF

Now when he takes his tech course and they ask him to back fin will he be able to keep his reg in his mouth or will he burst into laughter.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

Cobalt. Are you another anti-pink female? If I bring home pink dive gear, it better be for me.

Not even on my regular cloths. I love blood red and dark colors but NO PINK!!!!!!

I agree. I have already informed all the menfolk in this house - one of whom at least enjoys purchsing items related to my latest interst, then surprising me with them - that they had better never show up with ANYTHING dive gear in Pink.
:pbounce: :pbounce:

FreeFloat once bubbled...
I agree. I have already informed all the menfolk in this house - one of whom at least enjoys purchsing items related to my latest interst, then surprising me with them - that they had better never show up with ANYTHING dive gear in Pink.
:pbounce: :pbounce:

A friend of mine showed up at Gilboa with pink fins. He took some abuse for them but explained that they were on sale. How could he turn down $10 Quats? We explained to him that he could have, and should have, turned them down. He wears them with a Viking rubber drysuit. Talk about clashing colours. The only thing that matches anything else is the black condom that goes over his head.

John F

And John should truthfully report that the whole "backwards kicking thing" is going much better now, thank you very much.

When I tried to do it at the beginning wearing Quattro's, I self admittedly look like a seal trying to hump a penguin. I'm much better now. :) Stiff fins are the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom