OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711 once bubbled...
When I tried to do it at the beginning wearing Quattro's, I self admittedly look like a seal trying to hump a penguin. I'm much better now. :) Stiff fins are the way to go.
Oh, but it was indeed too funny.

On the subject of pink gear, I'm told it's the least likely to be stolen. Talked last year to a guy in Toby who had bought two complete rigs. One mostly black, some blue stuff. the other mostly pink, pink fins, pink snorkel, pink mask, pink BC. After 3 years of diving, over half the original black gear had grown legs, not one piece of pink gear ever went missing. Now my mask, fins, snorkel are yellow (for visibility), my wetsuit, BC, gloves, etc, mostly black, my tanks mostly yellow. But in 2 years of diving, travelling to dive, I've still got all my original gear. I suspect that he was more careless with his gear (or didn't notice the black fins on a dark background) and his wife just plain took better care of her gear.
But I still don't think I could show up and dive PINK fins, even if the dealer paid me to take them. (What kind of paint would adhere to a set of Quatros? :D )

FreeFloat once bubbled...
they had better never show up with ANYTHING dive gear in Pink.
:pbounce: :pbounce:

Does that mean no one will dive with me because I have (gulp!) pink stuff? ;-0

Diverlady

diverlady once bubbled...
Diverlady

Alas, I shall suffer any insults associated with a "pink" diver and dive with you.

After all that's what roomies do. Right? :D

At the first gathering Groundhog and Fat Tony won a couple of fun prizes.

So, I'm offering up a couple of fun prizes for those attending the gathering. No, this time you won't have to count steps, blades or find mistakes on the SOS plaque. It's going to be sooooooooo much easier.

How to win?

Step one -- be at the gathering
Step two -- pass me your name
Step three -- well that's a secret for now. (But I promise it won't be painful)

That might be the weekend I'm finally going on CHECKOUT DIVES!!!!!

Yessirree, your local resident Freediver has bitten the regulator and taken a Basic Open Water. Like all things worth having, this one has taken some work, complicated by the fact of me coming down with a sinus cold halfway through.

And me being who I am, I'm just not satisfied with my performance thus far and have added extra pool time to teh schedule, thereby turning a 15 hour course into more like a 30 hour course. At this point I'm comfortable and feel it's going well enough for me to post it here (quiet, all you people I've PM'd who already know about this)

Therefore, there may be another obvious demand on my time the weekend of the 25/26.

So! If I'm not already diving WITH SCUBA GEAR ON, then I will be at Brockville sometime over the weekend.

If I am diving, might I enquire as to the scheduled 'surface interval' or 'post-dive briefing' locations/times?

Oh sure, prizes... while we're off eating turkey. How fair is that?:wink:

diverlady once bubbled...

Diverlady
NO NO NO! I be happy to dive with you. If you want to wear pink fins (or other pink gear) that's quite alright. As long as your Octo's yellow, in case we have to share air. :D (after all, I couldn't be seen using a pink reg. :wink:

DivingGal once bubbled...

Alas, I shall suffer any insults associated with a "pink" diver and dive with you.

After all that's what roomies do. Right? :D

Thanks DivingGal!
I can offer you a bit of relief. Since I'll be in my drysuit, I'll be using black fins instead of my pinks ones.

Diverlady

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

NO NO NO! I be happy to dive with you. If you want to wear pink fins (or other pink gear) that's quite alright. As long as your Octo's yellow, in case we have to share air. :D (after all, I couldn't be seen using a pink reg. :wink:

My octo is yellow but the hose to it is pink (wrap) and the mouthpiece is pink. You'll find it in a pink octo holder just above my pink fox40 whistle next to my pink flashlight... :rolleyes:

BUT... I'll have on black fins not my pink ones! :)

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom