OGB 11/10 night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Fencingfish and I did an after work night dive at OGB.

For november, conditions are great.

As I was swimming out on my back, was blown away by the clear sky and stars. A great dive with good vis. We headed North 60 degrees and back. Bottom Time 1 hour, max depth 43 fsw. Water temp at 50 degrees. Sea Raven and sculpin. We got to see a small 2 inch squid in the sand as heading back. We were suprised to come across one. Also good bioluminesence.

Gear is getting rinsed in AM.

There was a old sign posted a while ago stating no diving after sunset but it's no longer there. The new sign has no mention of this. Prohibiting diving at night is illegal unless the beach is closed to all, which it is not. It's a really cool night dive.

That being said, we're careful to be quiet when diving at night. (e.g. no shooting air out of valves to power dry 1st stage, loud talking..)

Great night dive. We overshot our large rock destination, but coming back we saw a large rock with a ledge covered with frilled anemones. Lots of rock gunnel and grubby and fearless lobsters. Reefseal got some entertainment when, in an attempt to remove air from my drysuit boots, I ended up doing a somersault and ended up on the surface....oops. :p The shorthorn sculpin we saw had a big chunk taken out of its tail from an old near miss that had entirely healed. We also saw a number of lady crabs swimming around and burrowing in the sand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom