Oh, this is going to be good

Diaphragm or Piston regulator???

• DIAPHRAGM

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • PISTON

Votes: 33 33.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thats like asking what do you like, Chevy or FOrd???

Thats just one of those questions that you will get split right down the middle...

The PRO-Diaphragm people are goin to say that they are better for cold water and that the inside stays alot cleaner, meaning less cleaning (and easier for the tech servicing your reg, not too much time in the ultrasonic). And better performance at depth... Which by the way, the deepest open circuit scuba dive EVER done was using a DIAPHRAGM regulator (actually alot of them).

The Pro-Piston guys will tell you that the newer pistons work just fine in cold water, cuz they got this new fandangled thang called a thermal isolaater protectur thingy that'll just kinda set there and portec that lil ole piston... Also, they are a fail safe design, which means that if they fail, they fail open (freeflow). If you have a failure of the diaphragm on a D reg, they fail CLOSED, which means, uhhhh, sorry no air today bubba... And they will also say, pistons are more rugged and need less tweaking and tuning and are a workhorse reg...

I say, get a diaphragm... I HATE piston regs...

just what I use, or will use once I get in the water

ScubaPro MK25 s550:scuba:

Hey, its just a post, dont reply if you dont like it... Besides, alot of these people of this board like to argue!!!

Solid as a rock

Chevy Chevy Chevy....

If ford made regs...they'd be pistons...

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Solid as a rock

Chevy Chevy Chevy....

If ford made regs...they'd be pistons...

And they'd be recalled every other month :wink:

...Does that mean that we'll soon see trucks with decals depicting "Calvin" peeing on a piston or diaphragm regulator? :eek:ut:

If they make one, I want one!

Willer

Hey Curly, you mean tank stickers right?
I like the idea, my tanks are kind of bland looking, ugly colors. Plus, I need to somehow cover those dents all over them!!!!

:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom