• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Oil Rigs?

Discussion in 'SoCal' started by broadreach, Dec 29, 2015.

1. 2ndjetty

2ndjetty Solo Diver

Yea, Pac Star and Magician seem to dive the rigs all the time. I went once a few years ago and was a novelty - definitely worth checking out!

2. jscan1

jscan1 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    And of course, join Powerscuba, we do the Riggs all the time on Pacific Star...you don't have to be in San Diego, and the club is free!

3. stevensamler

stevensamler DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Bad A$$ video DJ, thanx bro.

4. DJ457

DJ457 Solo Diver

Yes. Pretty bad ass. I found this video on Vimeo. Wish that was me down there. Amazingly shot. Shows the beauty of our oil rigs below the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Buoy_A

Buoy_A Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Agreed, great video. Was produced by fellow forum member Rainer.

6. dytis-sm

dytis-sm Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Lots of local SoCal dive boats do the rigs. Most common and good choices are pacific star, sundiver, magician. There also some 6packs that visit the rigs but you need to catch them on the right day. I typically choose 6packs as they are more flexible and faster. The first three do fills on board with the Magician being the best in terms of pumping Nitrox for any type of tank. THe 6-packs require you to bring tanks for your dives but have the flexibility of taking you to Catalina if conditions suck. Sundiver runs three boats including a 6pack which I particularly like because you can do the rigs and Catalina all on the same day. Perfect mistress is also that type of a boat. If you want only rigs but with a few divers talk to the Giant stride. Roomy boat but slow..