Oil Rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And of course, join Powerscuba, we do the Riggs all the time on Pacific Star...you don't have to be in San Diego, and the club is free!

Bad A$$ video DJ, thanx bro.

Yes. Pretty bad ass. I found this video on Vimeo. Wish that was me down there. Amazingly shot. Shows the beauty of our oil rigs below the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of local SoCal dive boats do the rigs. Most common and good choices are pacific star, sundiver, magician. There also some 6packs that visit the rigs but you need to catch them on the right day. I typically choose 6packs as they are more flexible and faster. The first three do fills on board with the Magician being the best in terms of pumping Nitrox for any type of tank. THe 6-packs require you to bring tanks for your dives but have the flexibility of taking you to Catalina if conditions suck. Sundiver runs three boats including a 6pack which I particularly like because you can do the rigs and Catalina all on the same day. Perfect mistress is also that type of a boat. If you want only rigs but with a few divers talk to the Giant stride. Roomy boat but slow..

Back
Top Bottom