Ok who was having a rescue class in Malibu today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottkl

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok who was having the rescue class in Malibu today? Got a call I hate seeing in my 911 call center and had to dispatch a unit to a “diver down" in Malibu. Sitting here hoping it is not someone I know when I hear from county fire that it was a bad call. Some by-standard thought the rescue class looked to real and someone was in actual danger. Glad that it was nothing But Damn if it was scaring people on the beach I want to know who was teaching that class I want to get in on the next one.

Scott

P.S. Like always glad to hear that it was only a class and not a diver down big sigh of relief.

Scottkl:
Ok who was having the rescue class in Malibu today? Got a call I hate seeing in my 911 call center and had to dispatch a unit to a “diver down" in Malibu. Sitting here hoping it is not someone I know when I hear from county fire that it was a bad call. Some by-standard thought the rescue class looked to real and someone was in actual danger. Glad that it was nothing But Damn if it was scaring people on the beach I want to know who was teaching that class I want to get in on the next one.

Scott

P.S. Like always glad to hear that it was only a class and not a diver down big sigh of relief.

When I took the class, we made sure to notify folks on the beach that it was a class...

I guess it is not always possible to do that...

:banana:

scubasean:
When I took the class, we made sure to notify folks on the beach that it was a class...

I guess it is not always possible to do that...

:banana:

When I took my Rescue Diver class, my instructor went to the Lifeguard station at the beach we were diving, to let them know we were doing diver rescue training. During our actual class, we saw several lifeguards walking around nearby talking to the beach-goers letting them know we are training, which drew people to our "camp" to ask about what we were doing and why.

What Snowbear said... although I have not yet taken Rescue, several friends said they yell for Pizza instead of 911...

sapphire:
What Snowbear said... although I have not yet taken Rescue, several friends said they yell for Pizza instead of 911...

Yup...Pizza Pizza.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom