Okay I am sick of this I want to lose weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good. I spent half a year in San Marcos TX where I exercised by walking around at night when it was cooler. After my first encounter with fire ants, I kept to the daylight.

I've been told by a reliable source here that a Coke has 8 teaspoons of sugar. A couple of those and a coupleTwinkies a day can render a diet plan useless.

Lukiedukie:
I use to be in great shape and I am sick of not being in shape. So now I am getting ready to get myself back in shape. My work out partners are my three dogs. A 11 year old lab a 1.5 year old rot/shepard mix and a 5 month old lab. I am going to start to walk them daily. We are going to start off slowly as the older lab and the rot mix are not in shape either. On top of that I am going to start including simple clasentics to my morning. The area I am lost on is diet. I can set up a diet for adding muscle mass but I am nto sure how much I can cut out to lose weight. I am not going to be lifting and free weights at first as my biggest concern is getting my healthy.

Any one willing to give me a hand or at least point me in the right direction?

http://www.divefitness.com/html/home.html

Get the book and follow the program...:D

Give up the soda and replace it with twice the amount of water. Don't take seconds, watch the portion size and get some daily excercise. Don't forget why you are doing this.

Hank49:
I've been told by a reliable source here that a Coke has 8 teaspoons of sugar. A couple of those and a coupleTwinkies a day can render a diet plan useless.

Well so far I down to as little as one a day, I have increased the amount of water but I do not think I have doubled it yet. I am going to check into the book

Thanks all

One more added benefit to walking your dogs is a better relationship with them. (Maybe I've been watching Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer too much.) Dogs love and need exercise and tend to behave better when they are exercised on a regular basis. They will have a better respect for your position as pack leader, as well. I have two small dogs, and I alternate days that I take them on my walks, thus increasing my walks from every other day, to every day (weather permitting).

If it is the fizzy in soda that you like you could try flavored seltzer water like Cananda dry. It is just carbonated water and natural flavoring no added anything no artifical sweetners. For me it seems easier to drink that then plain water, and it fills the void of fizzy drinks that coke left.

You are definatly on the right track, and doing good. The rowing thing is a great idea, it is a good work out, not easy but fun. If you do it, try to get someone who rows to show you the proper tecnique as it is easy to hurt your back while erging. I rowed competavly in college and row rec. now.

Keep it up!!

Well I have had a few set backs. Our 11 year old lab took a funny turn and tweaked my back so I had to take all last week off from walking the hounds. Today is the first day I feel good enought to try again. he problem is not a lower back issues but upper back. It feels like I have a cramp of ball of muscle under my right shoulder blade. After work tonight I will try to give it another shot.

Take it slow.. and listen to your body (someone else told me that as well)..

Every time you increase your activity, and eat better will help..

Good Luck, and keep it up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom