Okinawa Underwater Explorers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflylow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of our dive group - the Okinawa Underwater Explorers? We are a group of GUE trained divers based here in Okinawa who are pretty active divers.

If you are interested, please check out out facebook page at Welcome to Facebook | Facebook ... 838&ref=ts

If you are interested in GUE training, please check out Welcome | Global Underwater Explorers for more information on some of the best dive training in the world.

We recently hosted a GUE fundamentals class here on Okinawa plus a Technical Diver 1 class as well. Congrats to our new Fundies divers and our new Tech 1 divers!

I know that Thomas and Mike know about us (Mike and I co-founded the OUE group last year) but wonder if anyone else knows about us.

We would love to meet like-minded divers and bring you in to some of our exploration dives.

We are probably going down to Okinawa later on this year! Hope to dive with you all.

Hi, I will be in Okinawa for about three weeks beginning June 29th. I was wondering what the water temperatures average so I can decide how much of my wetsuit to pack. Also, it would be great to find a buddy with local knowledge. I really want to do a lot of diving. What are the best shops and who runs good trips to the southern islands?

Thanks

The full/updated link to our Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3#!/group.php?gid=32309532838.

You can also go to the website Eric has set up: http://www.oue-japan.com

Good stuff, Eric. BAUE (BAUE Home Page) member here saying "hello" :) I'm trying to nail down logistics of getting out there at the end of October. The tricky thing for me is luggage weight allowance as I'll also be spending a week in Tokyo (after Okinawa if it works out). I'm traveling with a good amount of underwater photo gear. Does your group have access to rental DIR rigs? Cheers.

.mike

The OUE doesn't have rental gear, but can source certain items for you if you like. Depending on what you're looking to use, of course.

Doug Bennett's shop, Reef Encounters, offers DSS rental gear with hog setups, I think, but if you want Halcyon, you either bring or arrange to meet some of us and borrow what we have.

What are you bringing out for photo gear?

We have a few BP/W setups and regs w/5ft hoses DIR style. Also have double 80's and wings if needed. You would need to reserve the gear in advance to make sure its not being used for a class or other dives though.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom