Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

be great to meet another board member so come on over - the suit is not hard to spot........ :wave:

OK, I'll be the short Japanese woman with dark brown hair in a Mobby's neoprene drysuit.

Yes, I know, I've just described about 40% of the divers in Izu :p

hmmm.... I'll have to remember to take my drysuit the next time I visit Tokyo. (I just pulled into Seattle after 4 days there). How far is Izu from the city?

-kate

Looking at your profile pic - have you got the same dry suit as me?!

Izu diving starts at Atami - 45 mins by Shinkansen (Bullet Train) which is doable in a day. And being used to the cooler climates you would not need to bring your thinsulate either..... Coldest water temperature I encountered this winter was 13 Degrees (Centigrade) and the air temp is already over 20 now so things should be warming up nicely!

They think I am mad here as I am so enthusiastic about it all. They're all like holiday dives for me - warm water, good viz (anywhere from 10m - 40m+), lots of soft coral, plenty of fish life etc, etc. And no I do not work for the Japanese tourist office!!

If you fancy a dive next time you're in town PM me and we can sort something out.

Jonathan

Loev Izu...only been there a couple of times though....Ita and Toi....i live in the Yokohama area, my buddy and i are always looking for an excuse to get in the water....so if you want to come up here or maybe if we come down there we can hook up and dive ?

Narced_1

Scubagrl,

You said you were planning your trip for Aug 03? I will probably be leaving Okinawa Jan of 03. But keep in touch as your plans firm up. I'm sure I'll still know people here.

Oh, and Jonathan, Fathoms has another Yonoguni/Ishagaki trip planned for July!

Yeah - noticed that and it is a positive maybe! Just trying to work out all my holiday for the year as I have to go home to the UK for a couple of weeks and it is getting in the way of my fun!

Cheers
Jonathan

Originally posted by Jonathan
Looking at your profile pic - have you got the same dry suit as me?!

If you fancy a dive next time you're in town PM me and we can sort something out.

Jonathan

It's certainly the same color! I was in Tokyo from the 29th to the 4th of this month but it didn't occur to me to try to dive there. Darn! There's always next time. We went to the Hakone area and to the Kamakura area to get out of the city a bit. It was a great time! Let me know if you ever make it to Washington State.

-K

That was a close miss - I was in Hakone the weekend before! I hope you got to see Fuji-san. It is quite often too hazy to see it even from that close - I don't remember what the weater was like your weekend as we did not see much daylight, I had a visitor and we spent far too much time in Roppongi.......

Cheers
Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom