Old air in tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The issues the OP faced could be easily resolved if divers would require their air suppliers to provide them with the "best before date" of the air they are pumping. Many dive shops are reluctant to provide that information and will give all kinds of excuses why they can't provide it. Be insistent and make sure they give you that information along with the appropriate documentation.
Grf88 for the win.

The issues the OP faced could be easily resolved if divers would require their air suppliers to provide them with the "best before date" of the air they are pumping. Many dive shops are reluctant to provide that information and will give all kinds of excuses why they can't provide it. Be insistent and make sure they give you that information along with the appropriate documentation.
Dihydrogen monoxide contamination is also a huge issue in tank filling that no one talks about. Filter issues can introduce DHMO into your tanks and it can lead to severe tank corrosion. Inhalation of too much DHMO can cause repiratory distress and death.

Almost no gas analysis shows DHMO levels. It's a huge industry problem.

.. is a substance which the public really isn't sufficiently aware of. Read more about it at www.dhmo.org. Scary!

The Toronto Islands, a popular recreation area, has been closed to the public due to high levels of DMHO.

Is there still ANYONE out there who hasn't heard about DHMO?

I had a DHMO contaminated tank in Cozumel last year bad enough to fill my regulators. My wife of ~15 dives experience responded to my OOA indication with "No thanks, I'm Fine". I'll be side mount for next months trip.

I had a DHMO contaminated tank in Cozumel last year bad enough to fill my regulators. My wife of ~15 dives experience responded to my OOA indication with "No thanks, I'm Fine". I'll be side mount for next months trip.
Wait, there was enough in your tanks to fill the regs? How is that even possible?

Wait, there was enough in your tanks to fill the regs? How is that even possible?
When I turned head down. I'm not sure how it got that way, but the divemaster was on the phone with the fill station as soon as he found out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom