Old Dacor reg question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an old used Dacor Pacer XP (second stage) and a Dacor DIN first stage (not sure what the heck it is) to use as an argon reg. The only problem is that when I take the second stage and LP hose off of it, the port is huge and I don't have any port plugs that fit the first stage. Anybody know what size these LP ports are? It looks like the reg has one HP port, one standard LP port (3/8") and three of these gargantuan LP ports... I am guessing they are 1/2", but want to be sure before I go through the agony of tracking down a port plug for them.

Thanks!

Yeah o-ring, they are 1/2"... I can send you some if you want, We have a ton of those at the shop... PM me your address...

Hey O-ring,

I have recently picked up a used Dacor Pacer Reg, Octo, First Stage and Guages for a spare set and possibly for my son to use as his first set when he becomes certified. But i have only two LDS's that sell Dacor and to check these out they want about $80 does seem right? From what I have seen on the boards here the normal annual insp. is about $40-50. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, can I buy a book on maintainance for these?

Thanks,
Wildbill:D

Wildbill once bubbled...
Hey O-ring,

I have recently picked up a used Dacor Pacer Reg, Octo, First Stage and Guages for a spare set and possibly for my son to use as his first set when he becomes certified. But i have only two LDS's that sell Dacor and to check these out they want about $80 does seem right? From what I have seen on the boards here the normal annual insp. is about $40-50. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, can I buy a book on maintainance for these?

Thanks,
Wildbill:D
Depends on what you feel comfortable with. I feel a lot more comfortable with the reg now that I took it apart this afternoon. I was only trying to make sure the inside was clean, but I accidentally popped pretty much every part off the second stage when I screwed up the purge lever doohickey and had to take the rest of it apart to fix it. I know that airspeed press puts out a reg manual and, although I haven't read it, I am sure it is good (I have another of their manuals and it is really good).

www.airspeedpress.com

O-ring once bubbled...
I picked up an old used Dacor Pacer XP (second stage) and a Dacor DIN first stage (not sure what the heck it is) to use as an argon reg. Thanks!

Dude,

I'm guessing, rightly or wrongly, that you do NOT intend putting a reg on an Argon cylinder? At least not for breathing?

DIN 1st-stage - yes; reg/2nd-stage - NO!!!

You are just intending to use the Argon for suit-inflation, right?

Bren Tierney once bubbled...

Dude,

I'm guessing, rightly or wrongly, that you do NOT intend putting a reg on an Argon cylinder? At least not for breathing?

DIN 1st-stage - yes; reg/2nd-stage - NO!!!

You are just intending to use the Argon for suit-inflation, right?
ROFL...yeah, of course I am using only the first stage. The thing came as a unit and I thought if I posted the name of the second stage it might help someone identify it...it looks pretty old.

Thanks for the concern though.. :D

Thats the old Dacor SPort piston with a Pacer second stage.

GOod reg... Oldey, but a goodey, if you like pistons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom