"old newbie" getting back in the game

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mick_O

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just wanted to introduce myself and express my excitement over scuba diving in general. I actully DID get certified back in '95, but never had a chance to go dive anywhere (did my PADI OpenWater dives in a drysuit in 36F water...brrr). My wife and I are right now two pool dives and four Open Water dives from being certified (uh, again), and I'm SERIOUSLY considering going beyond that. Deep dives lure, as well as photography, wreck diving and ice diving. I'm originally from Sweden, but have lived in the US in '97.

I also run a bulletin board of my own, called FishHeads. It's a board dedicated to marine and reef aquaria, primarily directed towards people in the midwest, since we're centered around Kansas City, MO, but any and all members are welcome, of course! The address is http://www.fishheads.org/ if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi Mick and welcome to Scubaboard! Welcome back to diving, hope you actually get to dive this time!

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully post some of your own experiences as well! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years now. If you have any questions or problems.... or you just want to chat... PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Thank you guys! I appreciate the warm welcome - one of the signs of a good bulletin board. I've been to a few, and a warm friendly greeting is definitely a good sign! :D

And yes, me and the missus have at least two dives planned in the future - a cruise in January (Cozumel, Belize...) and possibly one later on next year (Belize, exclusively for diving). I can't wait!! We're doing out OW dives at Blue Water Lake near Oronogo, MO on Oct 2-3, and we're probably going to go ahead and do the deep dive thing there too as well, since it's an old flooded mine that goes to 210ft.

Hi and welcome to the Board! Check out Midwest Muck Divers in the club area. We are just getting started.

Becky

Heya Mick and welcome to the board..... Very exciting news to hear your getting back into the diving community. You'll have to keep us updated on how things go.

Best wishes,
Vickie

Does your wife have a screen name here as well?

baitedstorm:
Does your wife have a screen name here as well?
Uh, err, yes I believe so, but I don't know what it is... :hmmm: :blink: :sorry19z: :freak:

Mick_O:
Uh, err, yes I believe so, but I don't know what it is...
I think she wanted you to know that you wife is welcome to her own SB membership. :D

Anyway - Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Glad to hear you decided to do the course over. Skills get rusty. This is why I spend all my money flying off on dive trps. :crafty:

PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :sgrin:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I got a bit behind in my greeting due to some great diving over the weekend, but wanted to offer you a warm ScubaBoard welcome now that I'm back. I guess diving is an acceptable reason though!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom