Old PADI Divemaster manual question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skatermegs

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone!
I just got my DM kit and it includes the new book, but I am joining a class already started and they are using the old book, so my instructor wants me to do the knowledge reviews for the older book. I have a copy of an earlier book that has 176 questions in the back that look like knowledge review questions. Could anyone tell me what some of the knowledge review questions are so I can see if they match? Ideally I would love to find a book with the knowledge reviews still intact, but PADI no longer has them available.
Thanks!

the old DM manual has 9 chapters with knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter. I don't have a copy to hand but the manual was current from 2006 - present. Plain blue cover with a photo.

Anything earlier than this book is not acceptable to meet training standards.

Cheers

C.

The "old" DM manual also has 176 questions in the back that also correspond to the learning objectives in each chapter. I know there are some differences because some of the folks in my class have the "old" manual and others have the "new" manual. Mine is the "old" manual.

second hand store, value village, used book store. I always see stacks of all the manuals in these type of places.

Thanks everyone. We actaully found a copy, so now I have one of each of the last three! :) It is really awesome to look at all of them and read the slight differences.

on a slightly seperate note, we had dive tables that were probably 20 years old... some of the changes in bottom time are quite significant!

Back
Top Bottom