"Older" Beuchat Y Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seraphimx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi I have already 2 of these and I'm looking for more.

Anyone has any that they want to get rid of?

Twin Dip Stick Beuchat Y Valve like this

(picture on the right)

I have older ones that are yoke, have a single dip tube and the handle is small and the yoke fits over the handle. I used them until about 6 yrs ago.

I know which ones. No, I wanted the older to the current model.

I wanted to have the twin dip tubes, so it's true redudancy.

I've seen these valves (and used them) when I went on a trip to Marseille, France.

It was setup like regular diving gear but your octo was on the other regulator to be redundant.

Thanks

Good luck, i'm not sure a double dip tube provides much redundancy, won't help for water, but I guess for rust, it might block one dip tube and not the other.

I could be wrong, but is the dip tubes smaller in diameter than a single, all mine are single. I use them for 100% o2 hanging under boat with two regs, as a safety precaution on deep deco dives.

What is your purpose, your redundant air source, If so the H valve was the way to go back in the day, and in Europe.

I guess from your area, witch I was Great Lakes, the reason was reg freeze up, yet it never involved the valve. I do like the Idea, just it is extreme unless Ice diving in 40 below. To date my double hose and any old valve I could Ice dive The Great Lakes, any time of the year.

I do like the set up though of dual dips.

Happy Diving

I want to have the same setup for double and single tank configuration.

If I want to do TDI classes they want their students to have H or Y valves on their single tanks and manifold etc. on the doubles.

I don't really think H valves are really redundant since it:
1- Shares the same air path. Your main valves flops both won't work.
2- It doesn't use modular add-on which has two o-rings and can fail too.
3- Valve position are kinda funky on H valves (or the newer beuchat Y valves)

Back
Top Bottom