OLED wrist choices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIdiverMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there any besides:

1. Liquivision X1/Xeo
2. Uemis
3. Shearwater Research Predator

I'm mostly interested in readability and large fonts and on that count, seems like X1/Xeo wins, though close circuit/trimix functions are probably wasted on me. Uemis and Predator nice but way too small font for my 50ish+ eyes.

Not sure if the Mares Icon is OLED or just color. Galileo Sol/Luna are B&W but seem well regarded and may have the best compass. But all these are pretty high profile (brick on the wrist).

For readability and low profile, seems like Liquivision wins, though no AI. Are folks aware of other OLED wrist choices out there?

I have the Uemis since about a week and two dives, dark and cold. On the surface the fonts may require glasses, but in the water the info is reduced to what's needed, with large fonts and color-coded. Dead-simple, very comfortable, and very readable.

If you consider a B&W screen, then you're eyes can't really be that bad anyway..

I have both the Uemis and Liquivision X1 and find both are easy to read underwater. The OLED display on both computers is outstanding for cave, deep, night and limited visibility diving. I do not have any experience with the Shearwater Research Predator, but have heard good things as well.

Since trimix and CCR are not important, there might be other features that you find important. The Uemis is really easy to use, especially underwater, and is air integrated. I find the Uemis sync reliability and consistently with multiple transmitters, which makes gas switching really easy. The Liquivision X1 is virtually indestructible, but is not air integrated. Some people do not like the tap interface, but it works for me.

OSTC & DR5 from HeinrichsWeikamp. Fonts/readability will probably depend on the software being used.

OSTC Mk2 is easily readable. Both on the surface, and underwater. Have done about 50 dives with it, very happy about screen, functionality and the unit. No air integration, no compass, no mp3, no divx though :)

I have an X1 and will be supplementing it with a Xen soon. My instructor hovering above me last spring in Mexico` during my lost line drill could easily see the X1 through the cloud of silt I was kicking up on the bottom. I know TSandM has mentioned being able to see with one during a long lights-out exit. They're great for older eyes, with the option of a larger font built-in.

I have the predator and love it. VERY easy to read. Updates/upgrades are free online. It connects to the computer through bluetooth. I have the rebreather model with a fischer connector. I couldn't read my VR3 worth a damn. The VR3 is now my back-up. Delta P trys to nickle and dime you to death with upgrades and connector cables.

Back
Top Bottom