Oly TTL Converter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooked4Life:
How much does the Matthias Heinrich's Oly TTL converters sell for? On the web site it wasnt in English.

Thanks..

you are looking at the wrong page.. his site is also in english..

click on the little british flag with the word ENGLISH afterwards....

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

Hooked4Life:
How much does the Matthias Heinrich's Oly TTL converters sell for? On the web site it wasnt in English.

Thanks..

I asked to pay in USD. The price was $171 including the plug for the fitting and shipping.

Incidentally, shipping was very quick. I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday morning. Unfortunately, I was already on my way out the door for a dive so no chance to set it up. I will give it a try next week and report back.

Hooked4Life:
Thanks.. I see the price list.

For people who have bought these how is the fitment of the IR receiver that is attached to the top of the housing? Any problems?

I mounted this last night. I played with the supplied mounting support for awhile but didn't care for it. It is held into place by cables ties, and it seemed likely that it could be moved out of alignment while on a dive. (The infrared transmitter and receiver have to remain in alignment or the device won't work.) It also just seemed a bit mickey mouse.

In the end, I contacted Matthias Heinrich to ask about mounting it permanently. He recommended this option stating he includes the mounting supports for those squeamish about gluing the device to their housing. So, I glued the receiver to the housing with Aquaseal. This went very easily. I just placed the receiver in the correct location testing it with the strobe and then outlined the placement with a felt pen. I then glued the receiver to the housing. It works perfectly, is totally secure, and looks as though it was made there. The only problem would be getting it off if the housing was flooded or damaged and needed to be replaced. I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove without damaging the unit.

If you decide to do this, I would purchase the blanking plug Matthias sells so that you can use the housing without an external strobe if you ever choose to do so. I hope to test the unit on a dive this weekend. I will report back once I have.

I finally got in the water today and tried this out. It works exactly as described. As long as my shutter and aperture settings were reasonable, I got consistent, properly exposed images. I got a number of shots I never would have gotten without it as I would have lost the subject while adjusting my strobe or changing my aperture, etc. In sum, I am very happy. I would post some of the shots, but I don't know how to do so. But after one day's use, I would definitely recommend this device.

reubencahn:
I finally got in the water today and tried this out. It works exactly as described. As long as my shutter and aperture settings were reasonable, I got consistent, properly exposed images. I got a number of shots I never would have gotten without it as I would have lost the subject while adjusting my strobe or changing my aperture, etc. In sum, I am very happy. I would post some of the shots, but I don't know how to do so. But after one day's use, I would definitely recommend this device.

reubencahn What strobe are you using?

Here is a pic from yesterday. It is shot from outside a wreck into the rec, so lighting would have been difficult.

Back
Top Bottom