oly3040 pt10 which strobe and accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimfloyd

New
Reaction score
I have been reading and most if not all have newer cameras than mine. I noticed that DEE went from a YS90DX to an Inon d-180 the first of the year. Any Particularl reason? what could you recommend for my system? Will be going to Bonaire in Oct and will need to get the strobe fairly soon so I can practice
thanks

I have the same setup and I am looking for the same information. So I hope someone can help both of us.

The Inon D-180 would be very well suited for the 3040. The 3040 and 4040 both fire pre-flashes. The D-180 is not only pre-flash aware, it fires a pre-flash of it's own - this prevents your camera's flash from doing a full dump every time, which means you save battery and shorten flash recycling time. Dial the camera's flash exposure compensation to -2.0 and you've got a very efficient system going. Most other pre-flash aware strobes simply ignore the pre-flash which makes the camera think that the scene is very dark.
The strobe itself is very well designed: small, light, bright, good coverage and has a built in aiming light. The fibre optical kit is also very well designed.

I guess my problem is cost, I don't have 600 to shell out on this, but I guess that is my problem.

Back
Top Bottom