olympus 3040 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjn

Reaction score
My wife has been using her Olympus 3040 with mixed results. It seems most shot have too much blue in them and are not as sharp as they should be any advise.

Are you using an external strobe with the camera? If you are only using ambient lighting, the pictures are almost always Blue as the other colors are filtered out by the water first.

Using a strobe adds the colors back in.

As for sharpness, if you are diving in Cold water, you may want to use a modelling or focusing light to help the camera to focus. In warm water, I use the focus lock ( pressing the shutter release half-way ).

Boydski

Boydski pretty much covered it! Using the focus lock will vastly improve your shots.

Adjust the white balance to compensate for the blue. That is one of the best things about the 3040 - you can custom set the white balance. I bought a small dive slate which I store in my BCD pocket and set the white balance whenever I reach my target depth. It makes a world of difference! Bare in mind that regardless of how much light you have, distance is going to play a major role in your photos....the closer you are, the less blue its going to look.

Back
Top Bottom