Olympus 4/3 macro choices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ardy,

Fish come in all sizes and the 50 macro is not a good lens for the larger ones because you need to be to far from the subject. With its wider angle of view I think the 35 macro makes a great lens for the larger fish in the one to four foot range and the very small macro subjects that can be closely approached.

Keep in mind that with the Athena 35 macro port the lens comes with 1 or 2 mm of the port glass when fully extended, with the Olympus PPO-E05 this is not the case. As a result part of your close focus distance is between the lens and port glass, not the glass port and the subject.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

Gary I will be interested to know how the image quality/DOF comes out with that combination because (apart from the Woodies diopter) the 50mm + 1.4 would seem to me to be ideal for what I want to do.

Inon Port and magnetic focus adjustment is dream stuff - how did you get approval for the spend from the financial controller?

....I've got a secret nest egg the missus hasn't found yet :D Good thing she doesn't read scubaboard :) I think Reefphoto has the port with magnetic focus for like $500? I'm not quite there with my secret stimulus package but getting there!

Well I'll be heading to Bonaire in July...quite a ways off. I might be in S florida in June so that would be the earliest I could test it on a dive.

....I've got a secret nest egg the missus hasn't found yet :D Good thing she doesn't read scubaboard :) I think Reefphoto has the port with magnetic focus for like $500? I'm not quite there with my secret stimulus package but getting there!

Well I'll be heading to Bonaire in July...quite a ways off. I might be in S florida in June so that would be the earliest I could test it on a dive.

Great I look forward to the photo's. I am off to North Solitary Islands near Coffs Harbour in northern NSW just after Easter. This will be my second go with my setup. Cant wait.

I'm scanning my old slides at the moment, didnt realise I had such a pile of crap (with some exceptions).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom