Olympus 4040 Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edgar

Reaction score
Having gone through most of the threads about choosing a DC, I eventually bought the captioned model and went to my first UW shooting. However, the pics did look good, eg. out of focus, lack of colour etc(haven't bought a strobe yet).

Would anyone advise me how to set this camera such as what profile you use when shooting UW.

Much thanks.

1 more question, how long for 4 pecies of 1850 mah rechargeable cells can offer? As it runs out of battery quite quick (less than 100 pics with flash on)!

Edgar once bubbled...
Having gone through most of the threads about choosing a DC, I eventually bought the captioned model and went to my first UW shooting. However, the pics did look good, eg. out of focus, lack of colour etc(haven't bought a strobe yet).

Would anyone advise me how to set this camera such as what profile you use when shooting UW.

Much thanks.

1 more question, how long for 4 pecies of 1850 mah rechargeable cells can offer? As it runs out of battery quite quick (less than 100 pics with flash on)!

Here's a link to the basic settings for u/w.....Primer. If you can't read .pdf files, this is the same info,check here

I have the same camera so here's a few tips.....

Focusing....if you'll push the shutter button down halfway, the camera will pre-focus. Just watch for the steady green light beside the viewfinder. If the green light is blinking, release the button and try again.

Lack of color....results from not enough light. The internal strobe of the Olympus camera is pretty powerful, but no flash or external strobe of any power is going to be effective more than 3ft away from your subject. For maco shots, you'll have to decrease the power of the internal strobe so as not to overexpose the light areas. The Primer link I gave you above, address setting up the camera for use with no external strobe.

Batteries....I use 1800NiMH batteries and change them every 2 dives. NiMH batteries don't just get steadily weaker, they die suddently. So I change them before they get a chance to die on me! With the auto fucus setting set to ON, it's easy to turn the monitor off anytime the camera will be idle for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom