Olympus C-5000 Vs. C-5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigkidneys

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been beat to death but can someone tell me the main difference between the two? I am planning on purchasing one with the waterhousing for my wife for X-mas who is starting to turn serious about underwater photography. Is the extra $200 worth getting the 5050 over the 5000? Thank in advance.

Jason

I have the Oly C5000 with an Inon d180 strobe and I love it - but the C5050 certainly does have some higher level features - depend on what you want to do with the camera. I have two magazine articles being published here in Australia in "Sportdiving" magazine and I have a small gallery started. You can find the gallery by clicking on the link to the left of this box.

I chose the C5000z as I couldn't reliably source a new C5050 and didn't like the housing for the C5060 - the C5000 is very compact and offers affordable lens options such as the excellent Epoque widde angle 20 mm lens. Have a look and see what you think - the C5000 actually has a wider macro range than the C5050 (but then again you can't use the Super Macro mode with strobe. Still, I'm happy with it and haven't had a moment of bother over 30 dives since May this year.

Wiggsy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom