Olympus C-5060W and PT-020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the Olympus C5060 and PT-020 combo on a seven day liveaboard around the Pemba archipelago, Tanzania, East Africa. This system works incredibly well and so far considering the photos I have taken I have yet to be convinced that I need to jump in the water with a strobe attached. The internal flash worked fine although plenty more experimenting is required. In fact I had wound up the intensity of the flash to +1.7 on a few of the MyMode settings and ended up over-exposing some shots. There is a selection of photos on my album - Brucem. Off to the Red Sea tonight will report back.

Did you know that Olympus is now selling an underwater housing for their Fl-20 flash to go with the C5060 and the PT-20 housing???. db

KrustyTheClownFish:
I just got a 5060/PT-020 and was concerned the built-in flash would be lacking, as strobes are a ways off in the future, and its pretty dark in the St. Lawrence where I do most of my diving. But the pics you guys are posting look pretty good for exposure. I can't wait to try out my new setup!

diverdeb001:
Did you know that Olympus is now selling an underwater housing for their Fl-20 flash to go with the C5060 and the PT-20 housing???. db

Hey Deb - yeah I heard about it but haven't had time to check it out yet. I'll have to poke around for some reviews. At any rate, its probably going to have to wait until next year's tax return...

brucem:
There is a selection of photos on my album - Brucem. Off to the Red Sea tonight will report back.

Took a look at your album, nice! Hope you have a nice trip and get some more good ones...

Back
Top Bottom