Olympus E-PL1 Video questions - need some help ASAP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lizard Leg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is a good chance my wife and I will be invited on a once in a lifetime event in a few weeks - a 4 day coral spawning trip with the Women Divers Hall of Fame and NOAA/NMS.

We have the GoPro rig setup with decent video lights for what it is. My question is concerning my E-PL1.

I have never used this camera system for video and while I will take a lot of stills, for the actual spawning, I think video is the way to go

If (crossing my fingers), this trip happens, what are the best settings to use on the E-PL1 for video? The best lens? More than likely, I would use the Zen Underwater dome with a 14-42mm or the 60mm macro. I will rig one of my tripods with some weighting to setup int eh sand and get rock steady. Focus settings? Other settings?

But I have never used this rig for video other than goofing off and don't have a lot of time to practice if this happens. And and all advice is greatly appreciated.

I also have options when it comes to lighting. I could go with a single 15,000 lumen Big Blue VL15000P-ProTC, a single Big Blue VL5800P or triple Big Blue AL1800XWP.

The single lights could be mounted left, right or on cold shoe. The triples would be all 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom