Olympus PEN dSLR is Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good, then that is all the more reason for others such as Ikelite, Patima, Fisheye etc. to make a housing. The OEM housings are generally sub par anyways. N

Would generally agree with you but the latest Olympus UW housing for E520/E620 is very well made as opposed to the previous model, as several have mentioned on this site.

Yes, with an adaptor. I think everyone will be working on the smaller lenses though. I guess leica will have m43 lenses out by christmas, I don't think they will be cheap.

Would generally agree with you but the latest Olympus UW housing for E520/E620 is very well made as opposed to the previous model, as several have mentioned on this site.

In this class of camera I would rather have a metal housing. N

In this class of camera I would rather have a metal housing. N

If it is light enough and you can afford it I would agree with you. A housing similar to Aquatica but lighter would be great, I didnt see one for less than $2000 and I got my whole system for that!

For me smallness and lightness and $$$$$$$$$$$$$ were the overriding issues.

Why can't somebody just make a simple UW digital body, full frame, live view with the Nikonos mount? Shouldn't be that expensive. Just use the old tooling from the Nikonos II.

I had 3 customers ask for this model housing already. The only manufacturer I can find that has anything is Athena.... not an Athena dealer. Does anyone have experience with these ? Ikelite says maybe and told me to check back in January. Olympus says no plans....this camera has been a hit though. Just waiting now for a housing.

Back
Top Bottom