Olympus PT-043 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coco2003

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the front lens o-ring in this type of housing or cleaned that area specifically, if so, can you provide me with details. This is just for maintenance purposes, I want to clean the whole lens and need to disassemble the front lens. Nothing wrong with the housing, yet.

Has anyone changed the front lens o-ring in this type of housing or cleaned that area specifically, if so, can you provide me with details. This is just for maintenance purposes, I want to clean the whole lens and need to disassemble the front lens. Nothing wrong with the housing, yet.

I'm not familiar with the PT-043 particularly, but I have taken apart the front parts of that style of housing. However, I only did this on old housings where I was curious about how they were put together, never on a housing I ever intended to use again.

The seal between the lens port and the body of the housing is typically a static seal where the camera body and the lens don't move relative to each other. Static seals are not always re-usable, often they are designed so that the rubber takes a set and unless you put the seal back in the exact same place (which is impossible) you won't have the same forces on the seal, and you could potentially get a leak.

I think taking apart that o-ring gland is more likely to cause problems than to solve them. Is it possible to clean the lens port without disassembling it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom