Olympus PT-E01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuttytoe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
To all,

So i have just lost my camera underwater, after two days of search and recovery i could not find it. So now i am looking at a new camera + casing. I came upon the Olympus Evolt E300 and saw the new PT-E01 casing. I wonder if anyone have heard or experience using this camera and case. I was reading through some reviews but i could not get an idea of how extra lenses could be attached. It said that macro and wide angle lenses were made but i have no idea if i had to attach it before i put the camera in the case or like the other casings where i can just attach it externally.
Please give me some feed back about the quality of this camera and case. Thanks.

nuttytoe, the E-300 is a Digital SLR, ie it has interchangeable lenses that'll fit on the camera's body. It is unlike the other Olympus prosumer cameras (e.g. C5050/5060/7070/8080) which uses add-on lenses (land or wet lenses).

So to answer your question the lens must first be fitted on the camera body and then housed in the appropriate port ie no external wet lenses can be used.

Also, it is a DSLR so the cost of the lenses, housing and ports are not in the same league as the prosumer camera and housings.

HTH

Another thing to be aware of if you plan to move to a DSLR is that you won't be able to use the screen to set up shots, you'll need to use the view finder instead.

I just purchased the E-300 after my C-3040 broke. As ReyeR the costs are in a whole new ballpark. The camera with lens runs between $800 and $900. You will need both the camera housing and the lens housing as well as the zoom link. I have not purchased these yet. Still recovering from the camera. The price for the housing units appears to be anywhere from $1,400 to $1,800 and it could be more.

I like the camera and I had a SLR film camera for years.

I broke down and got hye housings, Can't wait to get in the water.

I broke down and got the housings, Can't wait to get in the water with it.

Please post pics, I am curious about the 300.

Back
Top Bottom