• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Olympus TG-5 Underwater Camera and Housing Review

Discussion in 'ScubaBoard Articles' started by BackscatterUW, Jul 14, 2017.

1. dcvf2

dcvf2 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    « What was the point of using this camera with a housing under the BHB? Isn't it waterproof to 50 ft? »

Hi

Sorry for my poor English :(…I am from Belgium… and by the way what means : « …under the BHB? » … BHB ???
    From the French forum « Passion-snorkeling » we have a very bad experience of the « waterproof to 50 ft »:eek:

The problem is : 'Lock' that suddenly opens: :rant:…for : 1 x TG2, 1 TG3 and at least 4 or 5 TG4 and recently 1 TG5.

I can give the links with reports if you understand French.

For the TG2 the guy rinsed it with freshwater and he was very lucky… It works again

For the TG4, I know 3 or 4 were replaced on warranty by the after sale service.

Several snorkelers after this bad experience decided to buy a waterproof housing

My son bought recently a TG5 . I will see if it’s possible to secure the doors ?:rolleyes:

2. Hoag

Hoag Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    @dcvf2 BHB is short for the Blue Heron Bridge, a dive site in Florida know for its amazing Macro photography.

en francais*: BHB est une forme courte pour le Blue Heron Bridge, un site de plongée en Floride connu pour son incroyable photographie Macro.

*Google Translate version.

3. dcvf2

dcvf2 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
  4. AmorForTheOcean

AmorForTheOcean Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I bought this camera this year based on my dive buddy's recommendation (and his outstanding pics). Question though, is there any setting recommended for lake / green water diving? The underwater setting is clearly for ocean / blue water. I find myself diving fresh water quite a bit lately, and would like to optimize those pics. I don't know of any filter that I can attach to the lens like you can with GoPros.