Olympus vs. Discovery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been down to NC twice to dive. The first week I was there we went with Olympus but unfortunately got blown out the entire week. That being said they seemed like a very well run operation that took safety very seriously. My second trip down we went with Discovery and got blown out every day except for one. We did two dives on the Aeolus from their 6 pack boat the Captain’s Lady it was a great time but the boat was in rough shape and lacked any real ladder. This was not an issue for us but something to keep in mind as climbing onto the swim platform without a ladder may be challenging to some people. The weather in NC is tricky be prepared to miss dive days.

Note to self; never go on a dive trip with @207diver :)

Not 1 trip but 2? That's rough. I'm sorry for your luck.

I'm on my 5th trip with Discovery on the Outrageous V and always have a great time with the crew. I like the fact that they don't rush you to get in the water once at the dive site. I don't have any experience with Olympus yet but will try them in the future.

You better call both, we tried to book in May for late July and both were sold out. We got lucky and jumped on a dive shop trip but otherwise we would have had to skip this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom