OM-1 more images using 60mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All images were taken during the day - but ambient light was dim due to overcast skies and a thick green layer of water above the bottom. Essentially, all light was from the strobes.

The 60mm is much faster to focus with the OM-1. I set the focal limit on the lens (0.19-4.0m).
Thanks. Figures it's faster.

I think you had another post about the EM1 but are you using the Nauticam housing and are all the mounts the same as the EM5? Therefore no new ports, adapters, etc?

I think you had another post about the EM1 but are you using the Nauticam housing and are all the mounts the same as the EM5? Therefore no new ports, adapters, etc?

Everything from the EM5, except the housing, ports over to the OM1. The gear for the 12-50mm lens needs a simple part replacement but all lenses, ports, gears, etc. will work on the OM1 Nauticam housing no issues just like they work on the EM5 Nauticam housing AFAIK.

Excellent stuff Jim, I am going to stay below F18 in my upcoming trip (fingers crossed due to foot and mouth problem in Bali).
I also note on my EM5 2 that many shots are about a stop underexposed if taken more than half a metre away so will try aperture priority over manual, not sure if it's me or the flashes but need to make a serious change after years of manual exposure with TTL.

Excellent stuff Jim, I am going to stay below F18 in my upcoming trip (fingers crossed due to foot and mouth problem in Bali).
I also note on my EM5 2 that many shots are about a stop underexposed if taken more than half a metre away so will try aperture priority over manual, not sure if it's me or the flashes but need to make a serious change after years of manual exposure with TTL.
If possible, spend a few minutes taking pictures of a single subject at various f-stops to see what works best. What strobes are you using?

f possible, spend a few minutes taking pictures of a single subject at various f-stops to see what works best.

Have you done so yourself?

I am going to do that with Aperture priority setting and compare.

Are all photo day dives or are there some night dives?

How's the focusing with the 60mm with the OM1 compared with the EM5? Is it faster with less hunting?
Bolt, idk about the EM-5, but I moved from the M1ii to the OM-1, and find the focusing to be significantly faster and more precise, both day and, especially, night. In particular, we did a bonfire dive (I used the 30mm macro), and the ability of the OM-1 was, well, night and day. Also, on the last day of diving, I felt sure that my trusty Turtle didn't need to be charged (after about 50 dives), but id did, and so ended up with some fairly high ISOs (both dives @ ISO 1000).

Here's a gallery link, and camera information is available on the sidebar.

Back
Top Bottom