Oman - help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So 3mm for sure for me and my wife :14:

Kruz, as an outsider coming to dive there in Oct...I wore a 4 mm full since that is what I have, and I was not too warm...that said, 3 mm fine too, just know you'll come into some thermoclines here and there.

As Ian says, if you get out to the Dims, it may be a little murky with plankton, but you will find find lovely sealife large and small (leapord sharks, turtles and big rays down to nudis), and will have the place all to yourself.

Not to mention, some great "fields" of hard and soft corals. Just lots to see out there.

Tnx, we will "risk" with 3mm. I am currently in Tehran for business trip, "close" to Muscat

Hi all,

I have some questions here?
We are off to Muscat the first weekend of August.
We are going to dive the Daymanilat Islands and we are planning t0 stay at the Majan Hotel and planning to do the diving with Global Scuba.
Anybody has any experience with Global Scuba or the Majan Hotel.
Global Scuba says they are located 25 minutes from the Daymanilat Islands by boat, so quite closeby.
But are the Daymanilat Islands really 70 km away from Muscat?
We will be driving up there from Dubai.

will be in Dubai at 24.10. for one day and after Dubai 7 days in Muscat,we plan to make some 8-10 dives

Next week we will be in Muscat but don't know which DC we will dive with. I sen't few emails trying to book diving but no answers. Is that normal for Oman DCs?? If some of them don't answer I am not sure if I will dive there :confused:

I have only diven once in Oman (Muscat). However, I was there with my gf who had never dived before (did her OW) and ended up with BLUE ZONE DC.

In both our views - excellent DC, and the DM was fantastic - precisely what she needed as she was slightly worried about this whole thing. In fact, I'd say he was one of the best DMs I ever gone with.

There - my 5pence of advice.

As for the culture: lovely people, nice food and absolutely necessary to rent a car! If you can affort it, stay at the Chedi...

Have fun!

kruz:
Next week we will be in Muscat but don't know which DC we will dive with. I sen't few emails trying to book diving but no answers. Is that normal for Oman DCs?? If some of them don't answer I am not sure if I will dive there :confused:

Could it have something to do with Ramadan? I honestly don't know... But I can recommend Blue Zone DC. Very nice and professional. Would definetly go there again.

Back
Top Bottom